Have you ever purchased a bottle of buffalo sauce for a recipe and then the leftovers sat in your fridge for months, magically waiting to be used again?
Meet today’s Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Cups, the kind of meal you can whip up with just a few things you might have in your pantry and fridge.
I’ve been making this buffalo chickpea mixture for a while and using it to top a big bowl of mixed greens. I’ve even brought it to a party, or two and guests have raved about the simplicity of the dish, and of course, the buffalo flavors are on par with party food.
Other times, I’d use this mixture inside taco shells; because everything is better inside a taco, right? I think so too.
Watch how quick these come together!
These Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Cups are the perfect, healthy party food! You can pre-make a big platter of them and serve them to your guests (or bring them with you to a party) where I’m sure they’ll be devoured. Whether you use my homemade ranch recipe or you use store-bought dressing, this is one winner recipe everyone will love.
Of course, if you are buying a bottle of buffalo sauce for this recipe, I have other buffalo recipes for you to try that are also great party food. And if lettuce cups are your thing, make sure to check out these other lettuce cups recipes.
What are some of your favorite ways of using buffalo sauce?
Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Cups
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1-2 heads of butter lettuce (or Boston Bibb), washed and leaves separated
- Avocado, sliced
- Cilantro or parsley, decorative
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, parsley, dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; refrigerate for later.
- In alarge skillet over medium-high heat, heat up oil. Sauté onions, for about 5 minutes, until they turn golden and are translucent. Add chickpeas and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for another 2-3 minutes. Add buffalo sauce and heat up, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for and additional 3 minutes stirring throughout.
- Assemble lettuce cups by scooping 1/3 cup of chickpea mixture onto lettuce leave, drizzle with homemade ranch, and top with avocado slices.