What’s better than going out to a restaurant? Making these easy burrito bowls! This recipe is one way to eat Chipotle at home anytime you want. And, it’s one easy dinner idea your family is going to love.
The idea of a burrito bowl isn’t anything new. I happen to love them and when I travel, this is one meal I can pretty much count on being able to eat at an airport or any city. In NY, there is a Chipotle two blocks away from the hotel I frequently stay at; and on nights when I need to stay “in” and work, you can pretty much assume that I’m going to go there and order one of these to-go.
One of the reasons I love to make my own version at home is because I can prep most of it ahead of time for nights when I get home late from after school activities and I need a quick dinner. Plus, my local market sells amazing rotisserie chickens that make a great base for these bowls. When I don’t have roasted chickens in the weekly meal plan, I take the shortcut and purchase one from the market.
Rice is something else that I often cook more than we need so I can have leftovers for the week. I can use extras for stir frys, burritos, tacos, and these burrito bowls! Let me show you how easy it is to assemble this burrito bowl bar.
The only difference between my homemade bowls and Chipotle’s is that their chicken is seasoned and mine is plain. Because of this, I use salsa to flavor my burrito bowl. Sabra has eight varieties so my burrito bowl never lacks flavor. Plus, my kids tend to prefer the chicken plain… so this is a win win for me.
Sometimes I also make my own bowl grain free by using shredded lettuce as my base – so this is one meal that does fit all in my family! What I love about this is that everyone participates in the process and dinner is ready in minutes! Literally.
Of course, leftovers can be placed in a lunch container the night before and packed inside the lunchbox in the morning.
Burrito Bowls Recipe – Chipotle At Home
These burrito bowls are easy to prepare and your entire family will love to build their own!
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 2-3 cups cooked rice
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Favorite Sabra salsa
- 1 avocado, diced or
- Easy Guacamole
- Black olives
- Sour cream
- With a fork, shred your cooked oven roasted chicken and heat it up if necessary. Place shredded chicken in a bowl.
- Heat black beans and corn and place each of them inside a bowl.
- Cook 6 servings of rice on the stove top or rice cooker. Alternatively, prepare rice ahead of time and warm it up. Transfer rice to a large bowl.
- Transfer remaining toppings (shredded cheese, salsa, olives, sour cream) inside individual bowls.
- Once all items are heated and toppings are on the table, grab a serving bowl and serve rice as a base for the burrito bowl. Next, top it with warm chicken, black beans and corn. Continue adding your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Two ingredients is all you need to make this Easy Guacamole Recipe. It’s also perfect to top your burrito bowls! From time to time, I work with awesome companies to develop recipes for this website. Today’s post was brought to you by Sabra. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that encourage my creativity and support me.