Southern Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Southern
- 1 whole roasted chicken, meat off and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 2-3 Tablespoons)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Zatarain’s Big&Zesty Creole Seasoning (optional)
- Put cooked chicken in a food processor and pulse a few times to rough chop. Continue pulsing for about 30 seconds until the chicken is finely chopped. *If you turn “on” the food processor, your chicken will become a “paste” instead of very finely chopped. Don’t do this.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and Big&Zesty (optional) and blend well.
- Toss chicken into the bowl, combine a few times with a spatula and throw in finely chopped celery.
- Serve with crackers or on top of a bed of lettuce.