DIY Easy Homemade Pho
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 8 cups Swanson Chicken Broth (64 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce (or coconut aminos or Tamari)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 12-16 ounces dried rice noodles
- 2 green onions, sliced, whites and greens divided
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, sliced into wedges
- Cut chicken thighs into smaller pieces and trim excess fat off.
- To the slow cooker, add the chicken and 6 cups of Swanson Chicken Broth. Grate garlic cloves and fresh ginger into the bowl, add in soy sauce, fish sauce, and stir to combine. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Prior to serving, assemble rice noodles, sliced onions, bean sprouts, cilantro, mint, jalapeño, and limes into smaller bowls.
- Prepare individual bowls with uncooked rice noodles, top with sprouts, cilantro, and other toppings desired. Ladle chicken and broth over the rice noodles and serve. Rice noodles will cook in about 1 minute.