If you are looking for a delicious way to eat spaghetti squash, don’t miss out on today’s recipe, delicious garlic butter chicken with spaghetti squash!
I love spaghetti squash but I have to admit that I often get stuck in a rut where I either eat it with my favorite Bolognese sauce or with a little butter and salt. Pretty plain, right? It’s time to up the ante on this very versatile squash, once that is often overlooked simply because cooking it can seem like a bit of a burden.
Cooking spaghetti squash is not difficult since it can be cooked in a few different ways. As a matter of fact, check out this quick video on how easy it is to cook in the microwave, in the oven, or in the slow cooker.
Watch how easy this recipe comes together!
This recipe is just like the ones in my third cookbook, The Best Grain-Free Family Meals on the Planet. The recipes in the book are naturally gluten and grain free and suitable for everyone who just loves really good food. Honestly, I would eat out of that book on a daily basis; and between us, I published it as a way to pass on my family’s favorite real-food recipes.
Once the spaghetti squash is cooked, the entire dish comes together quickly in a large pan, which is something I love due to its minimal cleanup.
What’s your favorite way of eating spaghetti squash?
Garlic Butter Chicken with Spaghetti Squash
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 large spaghetti squash, washed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup half and half
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Cook spaghetti squash until tender. Check out this video to see 3 easy methods to cook your spaghetti squash.
- While your spaghetti squash is cooking, season chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- On a large skillet, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add chicken breasts and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Add lemon juice, let it bubble, turn off the heat, remove chicken from skillet onto a cutting board, slice diagonally, and set aside.
- To the same large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter, add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly for about one minute, until the garlic is fragrant and heated through. Slowly, add in half and half, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and stir until the mixture has slightly thickened. Cook, stirring constantly, until everything is incorporated into a sauce.
- Bring chicken back into the skillet or large pan, turn heat to simmer (lowest heat setting) and heat the chicken through.
- With a fork, scrape the squash meat off each half into a large bowl or directly onto 4 plates. Top with chicken and lemon-garlic sauce, sprinkle with fresh parsley, and serve.
If you don’t have spaghetti squash, you can serve this recipe over regular or gluten-free pasta.