Do you have mornings where you want something hearty for breakfast but wish you can have most of the recipe prepared the night before? This blueberry baked oatmeal recipe is just that!
I’m a big fan of oatmeal, and thankfully so is my husband. Until now, I’ve made individual jars of overnight oatmeal that have been rocking our breakfast world for a couple of years. The Bananas Foster being the favorite of all of us closely followed by the Peaches and Cream and Strawberries and Cream recipes.
While single serve oatmeal jars are very practical, some mornings I feel like eating something right out of the oven with a little whole milk over the top. This baked oatmeal recipe is the good kind of breakfast comfort foods.
I’ve made this recipe with both frozen and fresh blueberries, so no matter what time of the year you are making this recipe, it can be done! With frozen or wild blueberries, your oatmeal might turn a little purplish because of the juices, but otherwise, the taste is the same.
What if you don’t have blueberries? I also make this with strawberries or cranberries and a little orange zest! Clearly, this is one flexible recipe.
How do I make this ahead of time? I measure out the dry ingredients and place those inside my 9×9 dish. In my blender jar, I combine all the wet ingredients and place that in the refrigerator. In the morning, I combine the two, add the blueberries and bake!
Putting the recipe together once it’s pre-measured takes two minutes, and the 35 minutes it takes to bake I’m usually in the shower, getting myself ready and prepping lunches.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I love eating it!
What is your favorite way of eating oatmeal?
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal This hearty breakfast bake comes together quickly and is the perfect satisfying breakfast for a busy morning. The fresh berries add that fresh fruity flavor and a hint of sweetness we all love.
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a 9 x 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine honey, milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Add oat mixture into the large bowl and combine all ingredients to form a thick oat batter. Add blueberries to the large bowl and fold with a spatula to combine.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into baking dish. Arrange blueberries to make sure they are evenly distributed throughout.
- Baked 35 minutes in the preheated oven until the top is golden and the oat mixture is set. Remove from oven and allow mixture to cool slightly prior to serving.