Do you find yourself getting hungry mid-workout? These Coconut Brownie Energy Bites are the perfect snack to eat on the way to the gym or right after! Plus, I often add them in my kids’ lunchbox or afternoon snack for a healthy pick-me-up that they can’t resist!
I know many of you follow my adventures on Snapchat and Instagram Stories and often wonder how it is that I wake up at 4:30 am a few times a week to get to my 5 am workouts. Besides having a strong cup of coffee to take with me on the way to the gym, I often steal a bite (or two) of these delicious brownie bites from the fridge.
You can see how fast they come together in this quick video and now that you know that they can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to a week; you’ll soon be making them too!
Easy enough! That settles it. You probably have the ingredients in the pantry needed. Check, I’ll wait…
Not convinced? Let me share that more often than not, I bring a few of these in the car on the way to Karate since I’ve recently started Karate with my boys (actually, all five of us do it now!).
All five of us are going to classes and making karate a way for our family to stay active together. Since most of our classes start between 4:30 pm and 6 pm, the kids, dad, and I often need a little pick-me-up before karate to hold us over until dinner. This is where these easy and delicious snack bites come in!
These brownie bites are one snack that tailors our gluten-free lifestyle (for a couple of us) and also satisfies the rest who eat a regular diet. Most importantly, we all love chocolate, so this healthy snack is a win-win!
Do you have a favorite “bites” recipe?
- 1 cup (145 g) raisins, packed
- 1 cup (120 g) cashews
- ¼ cup (20 g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt Pinch cinnamon
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- Place raisins in a medium bowl and cover with hot water. Let soak for 5 minutes to soften then drain.
- Add raisins and all remaining ingredients, except the shredded coconut, into a food processor and pulse until mixture turns into the consistency of sand. Remove blade from the unit.
- Using your hands, scoop out dough and form into balls on the palms of your hands. Roll each brownie bite on the shredded coconut and set aside.
- Chill for 30 minutes and enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for one week.