Looking for an easy Grab the Gold Bar Recipe? This one is easy to make and much cheaper!
My gym sells Grab the Gold bars for about $3. I made the mistake of trying them once and loving them. I say “mistake” because they were perfectly oaty and delicious. A friend of mine said she made a similar pan-sized recipe but that they didn’t hold as well as the original. After a few tweaks, I am happy to say that my homemade Grab the Gold Bars are just as delicious.
Round bars you ask? Well yes, that’s how the original bars are shaped. I used a round biscuit cutter to shape these. Although, you can also use the rim of a glass to shape them round. For consistency’s sake, I’m a purist at heart. What can I say.
The second batch pictured have chocolate. Because. Well, it’s chocolate. And I like variety. Need I say more? 😉
Homemade Grab the Gold Bars
yields 9-10 round bars
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or any other “nut-butter”
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder -optional- only for chocolate version
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Measure out all ingredients. Put oats and almond flour in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, all all the other ingredients. Warm until everything is melted and mixed well. I use a metal whisk to slowly mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry bowl. Mix all ingredients until a thick pasty mix has formed.
- Transfer mix into a 9×9 pan. Cover with saran wrap and press down to spread uniformly.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour but preferably overnight.
- With a biscuit cutter or upside down glass, cut into circular “bars.”
- Store up to 5 days in fridge or 1 month in freezer.
Since all nut butters vary in consistency, you might have to add a bit more quick oats if the mixture is too sticky.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 10g