If you’ve never tried overnight oats, you are going to love this delicious recipe. It combines some of my favorite pantry staples into an ultra convenient and delicious breakfast recipe!
These honey, almond butter, and banana overnight oats have a delicious touch of sweetness with every bite, giving this nutritious breakfast idea a natural energy boost to help us start the day.
For the video below, I partnered with Disney and The Honey Board for the recipe.
If you follow this blog, you know that I’m always trying and creating recipes that can become grab-and-go fuel for our busy mornings. What you might not know is that I pack breakfast for my husband daily, which he proceeds to eat at the office a few hours later.
He likes to eat these honey overnight oats lightly warmed in the microwave, while I tend to eat them cold.
I also love making healthy breakfasts to fuel my kids for the day. Between school, karate, swim team, gymnastics, theater classes, and everything else my kids are doing, they need a lot of energy to be active kids. During the week, I prefer to feed them nutritious breakfasts like oats, eggs, or fresh fruit and yogurt so they’ll be full until lunch. And this lightly honey-sweetened breakfast does just that!
Sure, you can make oatmeal in the morning and drizzle it with honey, but overnight oats have a thicker and heartier texture that I just love to eat.
This recipe is also one that my kids can help prepare. They can measure the ingredients and pour them into the mason jars. My daughter, who loves honey, always tries to sneak an extra drizzle or two in her jars. Some of my favorite memories happened when my kids were helping me in the kitchen!
What do you love to drizzle honey over?
Honey, Almond Butter, and Banana Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are a great way to have a delicious and nutritious breakfast ready to go in the morning.
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2-4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground flax
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 bananas, divided
- On a flat surface, place 4 bowls or lidded glass jars. Fill each with 1/2 teaspoon ground flax, 1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup milk, and1 tablespoon almond butter.
- Peel and mash one banana. Divide mashed banana into the four oat mixtures. Pour milk over the banana and oat mixture and with a spoon, combine ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, serve cold or warm up for 30 seconds in the microwave. Slice remaining banana, top each oat mixture with banana slices and drizzle 1 teaspoon of honey over the top. Combine and enjoy.
From time to time, I work with awesome companies to develop recipes for this website. Today’s post was brought to you by the National Honey Board. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that encourage my creativity.