This Mediterranean pizza has all the flavors we love in every bite and making them is a breeze!
You know I can get pretty creative with my ingredients and from time to time, my imagination comes up with something so good it’s worth sharing with you. I mean, if you are reading this post, you are probably a hummus fan already, which is why I want to convince you to try it warm.
Warm hummus? Oh yes, some of my warm hummus recipes are life changing. Besides trying these Mediterranean pizzas, I want you to consider trying my Hummus Baked Chicken, Hummus Tostadas, and my cheesy Hummus Spinach Dip. And to bring you today’s recipe, I’ve partnered with Sabra, a staple in my fridge.
This recipe is really the warm version of something many of us do quite often; that is, eat hummus with pita bread or flat bread and top it with feta and Kalamata olives. The thing is, that because we nearly always cut up the pita into triangles, it’s nearly always served as a snack. This way, it becomes a meal. Watch how quick these come together.
By changing up the hummus variety used as a base, you can change up the flavor of these pizzas. If you are a garlic fan, try the Roasted Garlic and for a classic Italian-inspired base, try the Garden Vegetable. Do you love roasted red peppers? Use the Roasted Red Pepper variety (like I did today), the smoky flavor really shines through in this recipe.
If you are anything like me and love toppings, you load your pizza with as many as possible, right? For this recipe, I loaded it up with feta cheese and Kalamata olives. The mozzarella is optional, but I highly suggest it if you like the cheesy texture on top of your pizzas.
Have you tried warm hummus before?
- 6 oval flatbreads, white or whole-wheat
- 8oz container Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 4oz Kalamata olives, chopped
- 4oz roasted red peppers
- 4oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400F and position oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Meanwhile, line two baking sheets with parchment paper and place 3 flatbreads on each.
- Spread 3-4 tablespoons Sabra hummus onto each flatbread, top with olives, roasted red peppers, and cheese.
- Bake one tray at a time, 7 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and melted. Carefully remove from oven and serve.
Tip: Store leftover pita pizzas in the fridge. To pack for school lunch, lightly toast in the toaster oven, remove and cool down to room temperature before packing in a lunchbox.