It’s a fact. I love breakfast almost as much as lunch. It’s an easy meal that allows me to make awesome things my family will love, like this peaches and cream overnight oats recipe.
The idea for this came about when I was going to make my bananas foster overnight oats and my bananas were too green. I decided to use frozen peaches, let them thaw out and follow the recipe. It was delicious!
The following week, I bought a beautiful basket of peaches from the fruit stand, and like they say, the rest is history. I’ve had a busy week traveling, and these overnight oats are going to be made once again tonight so we can enjoy a delicious breakfast tomorrow.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 very ripe peaches, sliced and diced small
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- dash cinnamon
- 1 cup steel cut oats or old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons ground flax
- 2 cups whole milk
- In a small saucepan, heat up coconut oil over medium heat. Add diced peaches and vanilla to the heated pan and begin to sauté until they begin to break down a little and juice out its natural sugars - about 2-3 minutes. Add maple syrup, stir to combine and cook for another minute, remove from heat.
- Divide ¼ cup steel oats or old fashioned oats, ½ teaspoon ground flax, and ½ cup milk inside 4 glass mason jars. Divide cooked peach mixture evenly inside each glass jar.
- Stir to combine and refrigerate overnight.
Want more overnight oats? Check out these other delicious recipes