If you are a fan of the classic PB&J sandwich combination, you are going to love today’s treat idea! These Peanut Butter & Jelly Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches are delicious bite-sized treats that are simple to make and fun to eat!
To bring you this fun recipe, I’ve teamed up with Edy’s Slow Churned Simple Recipes light ice cream, the makers of today’s delicious flavor for these mini sandwiches: strawberry ice cream.
My kids love a good PB&J, and so does my husband. The mix of the salty peanut butter and sweet jelly brings a ton of comfort to the classic sandwich. When creating fun recipes using ice cream, and wanting to use strawberry ice cream, I couldn’t get past the idea of a frozen PB&J treat!
I also wanted to create a treat that the kids and I could do together, and as you can see in this quick video, it’s a terrific way to have fun in the kitchen.
What I love about using Edy’s Slow Churned Simple Recipes light ice cream for my recipes, is that it’s super creamy and free of artificial colors and flavors. And for this one, the strawberry swirl really adds an extra touch of sweetness to these mini sandwiches! If you live west of the Rockies, you may know this delicious brand as Dreyer’s!
Rich, creamy, delicious ice cream stuffed inside two sandwich cookies with one of our favorite flavor combinations… yum! The hardest part is not to eat them as they are made and to leave a few for everyone else to enjoy.
What is your favorite frozen bite-size treat?
Peanut Butter & Jelly Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Yield: about 14 ice cream sandwiches, will vary by cracker package.
- Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- Smooth peanut butter
- Strawberry preserves
- Edy’s Slow Churned Simple Recipes Strawberry light ice cream
- Begin mini ice cream sandwich assembly line by spreading peanut butter onto the inside of all round cookies, just enough to cover the entire surface area.
- Onto half of the crackers, place a small dab of strawberry preserves, about 1/4 of a teaspoon.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, melon-baller, or teaspoon, scoop one small scoop of ice cream onto the jelly sided cookies. Close the ice cream sandwich with the peanut butter sandwich cookie, and gently push down.
- Transfer this immediately onto a baking sheet and freeze, for 30 minutes, until firm – or enjoy immediately.