If you are looking for healthy and easy school lunch ideas with leftovers you are going to love today’s post! These ideas, are quick to prepare with ingredients that are already in your pantry and fridge.
Forget the sandwich. These recipes are the perfect way to revamp leftovers and give them a new purpose so they don’t go to waste. The bonus is that they each add a few extra veggies to the lunchbox!
For today’s recipe, I’ve teamed up with Libby’s® Fruits and Vegetables, the makers of these Vegetable Cups. They are perfectly portioned, packed with vitamins and minerals, and are a great way to customize a quick lunch.
Most of us have pasta once a week, or every other week, and it often leaves a nice portion of plain pasta perfect for a lunchbox meal. Another item we have leftover is beans from Taco night. They are a terrific option to revamp into a delicious lunch! And last but not least, when we have a little bit of broth leftover from a recipe that we aren’t quite sure how to use into something else.
In this video, you’ll see how I take on those three leftover ingredients and revamp them into a new fresh lunch with Libby’s Vegetable Cups.
The black bean and corn salad has a terrific texture that goes great with plantain chips or traditional chips and fruit. Want a more substantial option? Pack it over a bed or rice, heated, inside a thermos.
For a warm meal, the quick veggie soup option is a great option to have for cold fall and winter days. Sometimes, there is nothing more comforting that a warm bowl of soup for lunch, school lunch included.
What’s great is that the lunches come together quickly, and the Vegetable Cups also make a great standalone snack or side dish at dinner – just lift a corner off the lid and pop in the microwave.
As you can see, a terrific lunch can be put together rather quickly with leftovers that are in most of our refrigerators. These recipes are an excellent way to reduce leftover waste.
How would you use Libby’s Vegetable Cups in your lunchbox?
WIN $100 WORTH OF SCHOOL LUNCH SUPPLIES FROM LIBBY’S
Leaving a comment below sharing How you would use Libby’s Vegetable Cups in your lunchbox?
Giveaway ends September 16th at 11:59AM (CST)
Lunch 1: Veggie Pasta Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked pasta (spirals)
- 1 (4 oz.) Libby’s Diced Carrots Vegetable Cup, drained
- 1/2 coarsely grated yellow cheddar cheese
- 8oz can sliced black olives, drained
- 2-3 tablespoons Italian dressing (or just olive oil and Italian seasoning, salt, pepper)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Divide into lunchboxes and pack along with a little fruit and half of a boiled egg.
Lunch 2: Black Bean & Corn Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz.) Libby’s Whole Kernel Sweet Corn Vegetable Cup, drained
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo (fresh, chunky salsa)
- Plantain chips (inka chips) for serving
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Divide into lunchboxes and pack along with a plantain chips and fruit.
Lunch 3: Quick Veggie Noodle Soup
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2 cups chicken or veggie stock
- 1 cup cooked pasta
- 1 (4 oz.) Libby’s Peas & Carrots Vegetable Cup, drained
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat up stock, pasta, and veggies. Once thoroughly heated, pack inside a thermos.
From time to time, I work with awesome companies to develop recipes for this website. Today’s post was brought to you by Libby’s Fruits and Vegetables. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that encourage my creativity.