Calling all my sheet pan chicken and potatoes fans. And those of you with a “meat and potatoes kinda guy” around. Because this recipe for Sheet Pan Dijon Chicken and Potatoes is just the thing to make when things are crazy at home and need the oven to do the work.
That’s right! Everything in this recipe is tossed around in a bowl, and from bowl-to-pan it goes. E.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g!
You probably know by now that I’m a total practical cook, right? That means that I share recipes you can pull together in the middle of that bewitching hour when everyone is hungry and ready to eat.
And in the case of this dijon chicken, I can prep ahead, keep it in the fridge, and cook it when I need it. Because folks, meal prep is everything!
As a full time working parent, I need no fuss kind of meals, and that’s another reason I love sheet pan dinners. Sheet pan dinners are not the kind of meals that are ready and waiting for you when you get back from activities, no. Sheet pan dinners are the type of meals that come together easily, and the oven allows you to set-it-and-forget-it for about an hour.
I don’t know about you, but I can get a TON done in an hour. At my house, I’m always fighting the piles of laundry that needs to be washed, folded, and put away (the worst!) as well as tiding up the kitchen. It never ends folks. Never.
So, what I can do, is cook recipes that require minimal prep or fuss and that can be added to my meal prep to-do list easily.
Did I mention that this is a very economical meal? Yes, sheet pan dinners are budget-friendly meals because they tend to require few ingredients. In the case of this recipe, I used chicken thighs because they are a lot less expensive than boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.
And then, there’s the issue of finding sides to serve with your meal -but not with this recipe! This sheet pan dinner has a veggie, a protein, and a starch cooking at the same time. Easy win in the planning department if you ask me!
What are some of your favorite sheet pan dinners?
Sheet Pan Dijon Chicken and Potatoes
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 pound small potatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk or half and half
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and some pepper. Add asparagus spears, toss to coat, and transfer asparagus to the side of a sheet pan.
- To the bowl, add an additional tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Add the halved small potatoes, toss to coat, transfer them to the sheet pan.
- The final step is to add the Dijon mustard, coconut milk or half and half, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to the bowl and combine. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Transfer chicken to the sheet pan.
- Bake, for 25 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender and the chicken has reached an internal baking temperature of 165F. Remove from oven and serve.
- Calories: 385
- Fat: 15.5g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 38.4g