If you love chicken pot pie but never have time to make it, this recipe is for you! What I love most about this skillet chicken pot pie pasta is that it comes together in 30 minutes, start to finish, and my favorite skillet does all the work!
For today’s recipe, I’ve partnered with Libby’s Vegetable Pouches; an all-new way to help busy families (like mine) enjoy delicious, farm fresh vegetables. The pouches stand up straight in my pantry and take up a lot less space, they microwave and cook in 60 seconds, and they make a terrific quick veggie side dish for nights I’m really in a hurry!
The pouches can also be used “in” a recipe as I did here today. The Mixed Vegetable pouch is what I used to make this classic comfort food my family loves. Check out how easy this skillet version is to make in this quick video.
Even on weeknights where I get home late from Karate or Swim practice, I can revamp this dish with already-cooked pasta I often prep ahead of time in the fridge. At that point, it comes together in 15 minutes or so, just the amount of time my kids need to shower and clean up for supper.
I also save a lot of time by using leftover roasted chicken, something I either cook or buy weekly for a quick meal solution, school and office lunches or simply to save time during the week to make meals like this one.
I also make this meal gluten-free by using all-purpose gluten-free flour and gluten-free pasta; and this way, it’s one dish everyone in our family can enjoy! The Libby’s Mixed Vegetable Pouches just need to be drained and added to the skillet in the final steps to this meal, making it ultra convenient to add more veggies into the meal, a solution I can feel good about.
Making delicious homemade meals every night can be a challenge, especially when we have to juggle evening activities, but thankfully, coming up with quick meal solutions that incorporate veggies in a variety of ways is something I am passionate about. I hope you give this Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Pasta a try. It’s a meal that tastes like it took hours to make but it came together in less than 30 minutes.
How do you incorporate veggies into your busy weeknight meals?
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Pasta
- Yield: 6 servings
- 12oz penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 oz.) Libby’s Mixed Vegetable Pouch, drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes less than package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, seasoning, and salt, and cook until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring throughout.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cooked chicken, and combine with sauce.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet, toss to combine.
Make this gluten-free by using 1:1gluten-free all-purpose flour and gluten-free pasta. Don’t have poultry seasoning? Substitute it with ½ teaspoon ground cumin and ¼ teaspoon ground chili in this recipe.
From time to time, I work with awesome companies to develop recipes for this website. Today’s post was brought to you by Libby’s Fruits and Vegetables. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that encourage my creativity.