This Zesty Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Recipe is ultimate man food. Comfort food. Full belly food. Feed a soccer team food… you know what I mean.
While I don’t do buttered, smothered, twice baked or fried; now and then I surprise him with a baked dish that blows him away.
While perusing Pinterest, I came across a recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta that looked delicious but I knew would be too bland for my Southern Man. I mean, people down here suck crawfish heads with all those spicy juices and call it delicious.
Anyways, back to the pasta. I am grateful for the inspiration because it got my creative juices flowing and the pot of pasta water boil’n.
It’s immensely gratifying to pull out a 9″ x 13″ pan of baked goodness and know that your man will love it.
Doesn’t it look delicious? I swear it’s amazing. We’ve eaten huge bowls two nights in a row it’s that good.
The best part is that this is one of those busy mom’s 30 minute meals that are staples in my household. What’s the “zesty” you say? My go-to Zatarain’s Big and Zesty Original Creole Seasoning. I use that seasoning on everything! Burgers, dips, salad dressings, fish and now baked pasta.
Zesty Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce, homemade or prepared
- 6 ounces cooked chicken, about 1 chicken breast, diced
- 8 ounces cooked ham, diced
- 6 strips bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled or,
- 1/4 cup bacon crumbles
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, remove from heat, drain water, and return pasta to the pot.
- Set your oven to broil, low with oven rack positioned in the middle.
- To the pot, add Alfredo sauce, chicken, ham, crumbled bacon, and Creole seasoning. Turn on heat to low and stir to combine, for about 3 minutes until all ingredients are heated through.
- Transfer hot pasta mixture into a cast iron skillet or 9×13 pan. Distribute shredded Monterrey Jack cheese over the pasta and then top with Parmesan cheese.
- Place cast iron skillet or baking pan in the oven and broil on low for 3 minutes, until the cheese has melted and a golden crust has formed. Carefully remove the hot skillet or pan from the oven and serve immediately.
- Set your oven to broil. Place the baking dish on the oven’s middle rack. Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese bubbles and turns light brown.