Banana Breakfast Cookies
These monster-sized banana breakfast cookies are deliciously chewy and made with wholesome ingredients for a healthy start to your day.
- Author: Laura Fuentes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 8 large cookies
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- ½ cup mashed banana, approx 1 large
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed*
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder*
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat two cookie sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together banana, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, ground flax, protein powder, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Stir the oat mixture into the banana mixture until combined. Stir in raisins.
- Using a ¼-cup measuring cup, drop mounds of dough 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. With a thin metal or small plastic spatula dipped in water, flatten and spread each mound of dough to a 2 ¾-inch round, about ½ inch thick.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months; thaw before serving.
- Make sure to use old-fashioned oats (not quick or instant) for this recipe. Using quick/instant oats will make the cookies lose their shape.
- Make this recipe gluten-free by using a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose baking flour.
- You may substitute the ground flaxseed (flax meal) for the same amount of flour.
- If your mixture is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water to the mixture. Some protein powders are thicker than others and they will yield slightly different textures to the dough.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 259
- Sugar: 21.4g
- Sodium: 153.4mg
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 36.3g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.2mg
Keywords: breakfast cookie, banana cookies, healthy breakfast