Butternut Squash and Chickpea Tacos
This recipe is from Laura’s Cookbook, The Taco Tuesday Cookbook.
These roasted chickpea and butternut squash tacos are the perfect meatless meal! They’re full of deep smoky flavors and great with your favorite toppings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Tacos
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 15–ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups butternut squash cubes, thawed if using frozen
- Corn tortillas
- 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 jalapeño, sliced, seeds removed
- 1 large avocado, seed removed and diced
- Chopped cilantro
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine taco seasoning, lime juice, olive oil, and water. Add in chickpeas and squash cubes, toss to combine seasoning well.
- Transfer seasoned chickpeas and squash to a lined baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally during cooking, until chickpeas are slightly crispy and squash is tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, lime juice, and cilantro. Stir well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Assemble tacos by placing a bed of cabbage, top with roasted chickpeas and squash, and drizzle cilantro lime sauce on top. Serve with additional lime wedges.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 429
- Sugar: 7.8g
- Sodium: 1011.1mg
- Fat: 18.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 61.4g
- Fiber: 14.8g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
Keywords: butternut squash tacos, roasted chickpeas, recipes with roasted chickpea, vegetarian tacos,