Cinnamon Roll Pancakes (Cinnabon Inspired)
These pancakes are delicious on their own. They have a strong cinnamon flavor and when you add the glaze…the entire combo will knock your socks off. It’s just how it goes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Family Favorites
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsatled butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Make a “volcano” well in the middle (as my son calls it) and pour in the milk, egg, vanilla and melted butter; mix with a fork or whisk until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or large pan over medium high heat (I set my griddle at 375degrees). Pour or scoop ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Wait until bubbles form to flip. Brown on the other side and serve with butter and blueberry syrup.
- To make the glaze: in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, reduce heat to simmer/low. Add the softened cream cheese and begin to whisk. It might look clumpy at first but it will slowly blend into a thick mixture. Turn off heat.
- Slowly whisk in powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Continue to mix well until it’s evenly combined. If It’s too thick to pour over pancakes, add another Tablespoon or two of milk.
- Drizzle glaze over pancakes. Serve warm.
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 10.2g
- Carbohydrates: 28.7g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: cinnamon roll pancakes, Cinnabon pancake recipe, cinnamon roll pancake recipe