I used to think that a gift card or a candle was sufficient as teacher and neighbor gifts. But seriously, how many candles is my son’s teacher going to get?
This year I decided to get creative and experiment a little with one of our favorite flavor combinations: cinnamon raisin. This white chocolate brittle has only 3 ingredients and it’s super easy to make!
Making this brittle couldn’t be easier. However, remember to read the directions in your white chocolate chip package because melting times will vary. Heat up in the microwave without stirring for too long and your chocolate chips will burn -you will know this happened because they are powdery and don’t “melt.”
Working on the kitchen counter was easiest in order to spread the melted chocolate layers. After cooling, break the chunks up and enjoy! I will be packaging this brittle in small cellophane bags and tie it with cute holiday ribbons.
Cinnamon Raisin White Chocolate Brittle
- 1 1/2 packages (12oz + 6oz) white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon,
- 1/3 cup California golden raisins
- In a large microwave safe bowl, pour 1st white chocolate chip package. In a smaller microwave safe bowl, add 1/2 package of white chocolate chips plus ground cinnamon.
- Melt large chocolate chip bowl in microwave as directed on package (about 1 minute, stir, then add 15 seconds at a time and stir). Melt smaller bowl and cinnamon following the same steps as with the larger bowl.
- Drop spoonfuls of the melted white chocolate onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Begin alternating cinnamon white chocolate with plain white chocolate. Cut through chocolate mixtures several times with knife or spatula for marbled effect. Immediately sprinkle with golden raisins, pressing raisins lightly into chocolate.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces to serve. Store in covered container at cool room temperature or in the refrigerator.
For whiter teeth check out Sexy Smile Kit.