Corn and Tomato Summer Salad
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 oz.) Libby’s Whole Kernel Sweet Corn Vegetable Pouch, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped cucumber
- 1-2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 Boston bibb lettuce, washed, leaves separated
- 6-10 beef (or chicken) skewers, for grilling
- Make the dressing by combining basil, olive oil, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a jar and shake to combine.
- Heat up your grill or oven broiler and cook beef skewers, making sure to flip them over half way through.
- Meanwhile, prepare sweet corn salad by placing corn, tomatoes, avocado pieces, cucumber, and shallots inside a bowl. Drizzle dressing over corn mixture and gently toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, place some corn and tomato salad inside a lettuce leaf and serve with grilled beef skewers.