Jul 25, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Just three simple ingredients and five minutes of time are all that you need to make this delicious Watermelon Smoothie!
This easy-to-make smoothie recipe is perfect for breakfast, snack, or lunch! A refreshingly healthy treat when you’re running low on time.
Watermelon Yogurt Smoothie
By adding yogurt to the watermelon smoothie recipe, you’ll achieve a creamier rich texture with added protein!
The yogurt also helps smooth out the texture from icy toward what feels like a “milkshake” without the guilt.
The watermelon adds soluble fiber and a sweet flavor we love. Together, the watermelon and yogurt smoothie pack nutrition into a quick and easy recipe.
What Goes in a Watermelon Smoothie
A healthy smoothie recipe that both kids and adults will crave? Yes, please! Here are the ONLY ingredients needed:
- Seedless watermelon: Choose one that is ripe and ready! If you only have a seeded watermelon, have the kids hop in and help pick out the seeds. This is a great job for them to do and to get them involved.
- Vanilla yogurt: Use regular or Greek vanilla-flavored yogurt to add a flavor that pairs great with watermelon. Strawberry works too!
- Almond milk: Using milk as the liquid makes it thicker and creamier. I prefer to use unsweetened almond milk to keep it lower in calories, but you can use regular dairy milk if you want to add more protein too.
How to Make a Watermelon Smoothie
Making a smoothie is easy when you have all the ingredients on hand. Whether you use fresh or frozen watermelon, this smoothie is divine.
To make this watermelon smoothie recipe:
- Cut up the watermelon
Cut watermelon into pieces and place in the blender. You can also use frozen watermelon pieces.
Add remaining ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
Pour this deliciously creamy smoothie into two glasses and enjoy.
Can You Freeze Watermelon for Smoothies?
Absolutely! Freezing cubed watermelon is a terrific idea to make smoothies thicker, just as delicious, and also reduces the need for ice.
To freeze watermelon, place cubed watermelon inside a zip bag, lay it flat, and freeze it. When you’re ready to use, break off the cubes you need for your smoothie, and it’s ready to use!
Watermelon Smoothie Benefits
Watermelon smoothies can be very beneficial for your health since watermelon contains soluble fiber, it’s made of 92% water, so it’s hydrating, contains Lycopene (an antioxidant), lots of Vitamin A, C, B, and potassium.
Pair that up with protein from the yogurt and the gut health benefits that yogurt provides, and this smoothie is power-packed with nutrition.
More Ways to Use Fresh Watermelon
Love how versatile watermelon can be? Here are some other yummy recipes that should be on your meal prep radar:
- Mint Watermelon Salad
- Watermelon Popsicles
- Watermelon Pizza
- As a dessert when packed for a low-carb lunch
- Fresh Watermelon Feta Salad
- 4 cups seedless watermelon
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Ice if needed
- Cut watermelon into pieces and place in the blender.
- Add remaining ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
Leave a Reply