August 8, 2023
If your mornings are hectic and the lack of time to prep food gets in the way, you’re not alone.
In today’s post, I’ll share how I use Daily Harvest‘s Smoothies (and a couple of other morning-centric items) to conquer my mornings and break my fast!
Why I Use Daily Harvest Smoothies when Intermittent Fasting
I’ve been receiving Daily Harvest’s plant-based food for a while, you can read my full Daily Harvest review here, and continue to recommend them to friends, family, and my readers because they make it easier to enjoy the nutrients my body needs from fruits and veggies by having delicious options in my freezer right when I need them that are easy to prep.
And while I often make one of my favorite post-workout Smoothies, I’ve also noticed the convenience of stashing my freezer with Daily Harvest so I have a ready-to-go option for breaking my fast after I get through the morning chaos of packing lunches and getting my kids out the door.
What’s so Good About Smoothies When You Practice Intermittent Fasting?
When you’re short on time but want to give your body nutrients from fruits + veggies during your eating window, a smoothie is a great way to do this.
Having a variety of Daily Harvest Smoothies in the freezer allows me to blend something nourishing in under a minute without having to measure any ingredients or make a mess!
And since their Smoothies are built on sustainable fruits and vegetables, I feel good about what I put into my body and prioritize my health.
Best Liquid Base for Daily Harvest Smoothies
I blend most of my smoothies with unsweetened vanilla almond milk because it provides a creamy and delicious texture with a light hint of sweetness from the vanilla. You can also use Daily Harvest’s Mylk for an easy and convenient option.
Best Daily Harvest Smoothies when you Practice Intermittent Fasting
A great hack is to opt for a smoothie that contains greens in the morning in case the day gets hectic. Some of my favorites from Daily Harvest are Banana + Greens, Mango + Greens, and Passion Fruit + Greens. They make sipping your veggies taste so good!
With so many delicious Smoothie options, choosing which ones to fill my box with is the most challenging part! When browsing through the Smoothie collection, I often use the convenient “filter tool” to select ingredients I want in my smoothies (likes), like greens, chocolate, and berries, and omit (dislikes) nuts. It’s also very useful for filtering by dietary needs across all collections, like Keto, Mediterranean Diet, AIP, Paleo, Whole-30, and more; making it easier to fill my box!
What Are Other Good Food Options to Break Your Fast?
In the mornings, I prefer plant-based options to break my fast. I personally feel nourished and like I’m taking care of myself during that first meal.
Other than a variety of Smoothie options inside my Daily Harvest shipment, I like to include Forager Bowls; which are hearty plant-based oat bowls, chia bowls, and grain-free bowls built onchia and flax seeds, rolled oats and more that are also very filling!
Some of my favorites are: (need unique links for these)
- Strawberry + Goji Berry Oat: strawberries, oat, goji berry, flax seed, haskap berry, and vanilla bean. Tastes like dessert.
- Apple + Cinnamon: oats with cauliflower rice, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and a spiced almond butter and date drizzle. You’ll never notice the cauliflower rice and tastes like roasted apples.
- Mulberry + Dragon Fruit: oats with blueberries, raspberries, and dragon fruit. Tastes like a fancy pink drink but oaty!
- Cinnamon + Banana: oats with butternut squash, sunflower seeds, and a maple drizzle. Like banana bread, but in a bowl.
Banana + Greens Smoothie to Break Your Fast
- 1 Daily Harvest Banana + Greens Smoothie
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened almond milk, or your favorite liquid
- Fill the cup with almond milk or your preferred liquid for your smoothies.
- Pour the contents of the cup into your blender jar. Cover tightly with the lid. Blend for about 60 seconds until smooth.
- Pour the Smoothie back into the Daily Harvest cup and enjoy. I love that the cup’s lid is also pre-perforated for a straw!