Do you ever look at the clock and realize you don’t have time to make dinner? You know those nights where the kids have asked for “snack” ten times while you are looking at the pantry for something to say: “cook me!”
Tonight was one of those nights. Last week, I fired the part time sitter and I’ve been home with a sick girl and a sick Baby G all week. Oy! Motherhood. So, when 5:30pm rolled around the kids were hungry and I had nothing prepared. Breakfast for dinner again? Not tonight.
If you can boil pasta you can whip up this delicious dinner in fifteen minutes with a twenty pounder on your hip. I’m serious.
Ditalini with Black Olives & Feta
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Quick Dinner
- 1 pound ditalini pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup whole California Black Ripe Olives (we love olives so I did 1 can, drained)
- 1 (4oz) container crumbled feta cheese (about 1 cup)
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the ditalini pasta; reduce heat, cook until al dente, according to the package instructions, and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and a dash of salt inside a medium sized bowl. Toss in the olives and feta.
- Once pasta is cooked, transfer pasta into the medium bowl. Toss all ingredients together until well combined. Add freshly ground pepper to taste and serve.
Don’t you just love when dinner “happens” smoothly? I do. Especially when I am having one of those days… or week.
And this is how I packed it for lunch today: