In my neighborhood, we go all out for Halloween. From hayrides and block parties to booing our neighbors with special treats, it’s one of our neighborhood’s greatest celebrations.
This year, I have the perfect Halloween Treat Bags made with plates and a few craft supplies that I’ll be using to get into the Halloween spirit and share treats with my neighbors.
For this fun craft, I’ve partnered with the Chinet® brand using their Classic White™ fiber plates, which are made from 100% pre-consumer recycled paper.
If you need a fun craft idea for the classroom Halloween party, these paper-plate treat bags is one craft the kids will love to make as you can see in this short video.
You can make cats, bats, pumpkins… anything goes. All you need are some sturdy white plates like the ones from Chinet®, pipe-cleaners, acrylic paint, and a stapler, for the little ones, you can cut out face pieces from construction paper.
- Paint the back sides of your paper plates. These Chinet® Classic White™ plates won’t get soggy with the wet paint, they hold their shape after drying and after being cut.
Now that the plates are painted, we are ready to assemble our treat bag.
- Staple the two plates together with the painted sides on the outside.
- To form the opening to our treat bag, cut both plates at the same time, this way they will match. Since the plates are super sturdy, this is a good time for an adult to help with the big scissors.
- Older kids will want to paint the face on their craft bags. If doing this, remember to allow the paint to dry between steps, so it doesn’t smear.
For younger kids, we will add our pre-cut shapes to make the face by gluing colored construction paper cut into the shapes needed. Using any glue stick will work just fine.
- Finally, to make your handle, you are going to staple a pipe cleaner to each side of the Chinet® Classic White™ plates.
The final step is to fill these cute bags with your favorite candy and treats. They are perfect for “Booing” your neighbors and friends, bringing treats to school for their classroom, and even hanging around the house for an added touch of Halloween fun!
How have you used paper plates other than for eating food?Print
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by the Chinet® brand. All opinions are my own. Find Chinet® Classic White™ plates and other Chinet® brand products at mychinet.com.