Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large brown bananas, (1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted butter and stir until combined. Stir in the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract, stir until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Add in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool down for about 15 minutes before running a knife around the edges to separate the bread. Remove the bread from the pan and allow it to cool on a wire cooling rack. Slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 27.6
- Sodium: 254.1mg
- Fat: 16.7g
- Saturated Fat: 9.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 44.8g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 43mg