To make the Chipotle Mayo:
- In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate to chill and store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 12-muffin pan with oil or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, onions, and cilantro. Add the mashed sweet potato and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs, chipotle mayo and creole seasoning. Using a large fork or your hands, mix the ingredients until the salmon is thoroughly combined with the sweet potato.
- Fill each greased muffin cup with 2 tablespoons of the salmon sweet potato mixture. Press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the salmon cakes for 16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer it to a wire rack. Allow the cakes to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan.
- Serve the salmon cakes with the chipotle mayo.