Watermelon Feta Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ¼ cup minced shallots (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup whole fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form and emulsion. If not using within an hour, store the vinaigrette covered in the refrigerator.
- Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well.
- Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.