Sweet Potato Toast with Peanut Butter & Jelly
Want a nutritious grain-free way to enjoy a morning toast? This sweet potato with peanut butter and jelly is a nutritious take on the classic.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 - 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 - 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly or preserves
- On a large cutting board, trim the sweet potato ends. Slice the sweet potato lengthwise into 1/4-inch slabs using a large knife, about 4 slices per potato.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the toaster oven and toast until the potatoes are lightly browned and fork tender in the center. In a regular toaster, toast standing up, for 2 toast cycles.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked through and toasted spread the peanut butter followed by the strawberry jelly over each sweet potato slice.
- Serving Size: 2 toasts
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 16.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
Keywords: sweet potato with peanut butter