Dec 23, 2015
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you love all the flavors of apple pie but need a no-fuss recipe, these roasted cinnamon vanilla apples are just the thing to make!
I love a good apple pie, but not all the prep that comes with it. I guess it wouldn’t be so bad if I bought the crust, but I love a good flaky, delicious crust when I make pies. Sometimes, I have the time to put in all the love that goes into making the perfect apple pie. What if I told you that you could make something equally as delicious in just a few minutes of prep? Just watch this quick video and see how they are made.
You must try these cinnamon vanilla roasted apples with your family. The total time is about 35 minutes, but the prep is minimal. They taste delicious, and when you serve them with ice cream, you completely forget about the crust.
Keeping up with four kids and their busy schedules can be a little overwhelming at times. Because of this, I like to keep our meals simple and dessert-making to a minimum. Although, sometimes my kids like to help when it comes to baking, especially Alex, so when I have a little help, I don’t mind it so much.
The bonus of this recipes is that while the apples are roasting, the house will smell amazing. So if you need a simple dessert to impress, this.is.it!
When the apples are done roasting, it’s time to eat them. I love to serve them warm over a scoop of ice cream, and on occasion, I prep these the night before, refrigerate the bowl and bake them in the morning for breakfast. No, we don’t’ have ice cream for breakfast, I serve them with a sprinkle of toasted oats or granola, and a drizzle of milk.
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe as much as my family does! If you can’t get enough of that cinnamon-apple flavor, check out my easy recipe for Homemade Apple Chips!
Roasted Cinnamon Vanilla Apples
- 4 large granny smith apples cored and sliced into ¼ inch thick pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter diced
- ½ vanilla bean pod or
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sliced apples with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, vanilla, and cornstarch. Add apples and toss to combine until all apple slices are evenly and generously coated with mixture.
- Spread apples onto a baking sheet, and roast until the apples are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve as is or with vanilla ice cream for a treat.
I made this recently and it is very yummy! It was done in about 20 minutes; my oven is usually spot on with the temperature. I served these apples for breakfast on top of oatmeal and topped with a sprinkling of granola and chopped, oven-roasted pecans. Definitely a repeat recipe! Thank you for this recipe!
I’m so glad you loved this recipe Cindy!
this sounds perfect for my gluten intolerant daughter who LOVES apple pie, but doesn’t love gf crust. can’t wait to try it.