Simple New Orleans Jambalaya Recipe
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced diagonally
- 1 14-ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 boxes Zatarains Original Jambalaya mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use olive oil)
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté sausage until browned, for about 3 minutes stirring frequently. Add in diced tomatoes, rice and seasoning mix, olive oil, and stir.
- Add in 2 ½ cups of water to the large pan or pot and stir to combine. Bring all ingredients to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, open the lid and place shrimp on top. Cover and cook, for an additional 5-7 minutes, until rice is tender.