Jul 27, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Looking for a foolproof way to cook salmon? This Spanish Salmon recipe is ready in about 10 minutes and is delicious!
Fork tender salmon loaded with amazing flavor? Yes, please! Not only are the flavors crazy good, but it’s literally a great way to cook salmon in the middle of the week without any stress.
I’m obsessed with great salmon recipes, and it’s the reason we rotate them quite often in our house – and no one ever complains. (This Baked Salmon in Foil is one of our other favorites!)
When I need healthy and quick-to-cook recipes, salmon is one of my go-to ingredients, and using the air fryer to cook salmon is a great way to cook it with minimal cleanup, and it comes out perfectly cooked each time.
The other big perk of cooking salmon is that it’s great for adding healthy fats, protein, and potassium. Salmon is a heart-healthy food, and it makes MY heart happy knowing that I’m fueling the family with good nutrients and ingredients!
Spanish Salmon Ingredients
To make this simple Spanish salmon in the air fryer, you’ll need the following ingredients. Go ahead and grab:
- Salmon fillets: fresh or frozen salmon fillets will work for this recipe.
- Olive oil: used to help the seasonings stick to the filets.
- Garlic cloves: minced or grated, even garlic powder can be used as well.
- Paprika: regular or smoked paprika.
- Salt: for seasoning.
How to Make Spanish Salmon in the Air Fryer
Cooking flaky salmon in the air fryer is a breeze – and so fast! Gather your ingredients and get started:
Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the fillets
Pat dry salmon fillets with a paper towel. I suggest removing the skin after it’s cooked, it’s much easier that way!
- Combine the seasonings
In a small dish, combine olive oil, garlic, paprika, and salt.
- Season the salmon
Place salmon fillets inside the air fryer basket and distribute the seasoning mixture over the salmon pieces.
Cook at 400F for 8 to 9 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon. Check for doneness by poking the salmon with a fork at its thickest part, making sure the flakes separate easily and the middle isn’t raw.
If needed, cook for an additional minute or two.
Watch this quick video to see the magic happen!
Sides for Spanish Salmon
When it comes to making this salmon dish a full meal, sides are always a good idea! Since salmon is such a versatile protein, here are some side dish suggestions to pair with it:
The air fryer is also a great way to cook salmon for salads, like for my Salmon Nicoise Salad.
Leftover salmon can also be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Flake off and put on crackers, or reheat and eat it again!
Spanish Air Fryer Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets – about 4 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes.
- Pat dry salmon fillets, remove skin if desired.
- In a small dish, combine olive oil, garlic, paprika, and salt.
- Place salmon fillets inside the air fryer basket and distribute the seasoning mixture over the salmon pieces.
- Cook at 400F for 8 to 9 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon. Check for doneness by poking the salmon with a fork at it’s thickest par making sure the flakes separate easily and the middle isn’t raw.
- If needed, cook for an additional minute or two.
This Spanish salmon tasted amaaaaazing!
Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed it, Kim!