I’ve been told, by my kids, that if they could eat these double chocolate chip pancakes every weekend, I’d win the “world’s best mom” award.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe
What do you do when your kids ask for “premium” chocolate chip pancakes for their birthday breakfast? –or any Saturday morning, for that matter. You take it up a notch and turn the classic into a slightly indulgent breakfast.
This week was my daughter’s birthday, and to say the least, she is a real chocolateaholic! While her brother prefers to indulge in bacon and eggs, at any meal, she loves carbs and chocolate. Ok, who doesn’t? So instead of birthday cake, I made her these ultra chocolaty pancakes. She is turning double digits (10), and this makes me a mother for a decade! My goodness, time flies.
Unfortunately for those of us who often make breakfast on auto-pilot, these ultra chocolaty pancakes don’t come out of a box. However, as you can see from the video below, making them is a breeze.
I promise you, this is one chocolate chip pancake everyone will ask you to make again. They are rich, warm, have that fluffy texture we love, and the melted chocolate chips make this the ultimate breakfast treat.
Sure, this isn’t something I have in our weekly rotation –I have my world’s best pancakes for that- but this is the perfect breakfast for special occasions.
Topped with a little whipped cream, and some fresh fruit, these double chocolate chip pancakes are going to be winners with your family too!
If you love pancakes, check out my Easy Gluten Free Pancakes, Blueberry Syrup Recipe, Strawberry Syrup Recipe, my Cinnamon Roll Pancake Recipes and of course my recipe for the perfect Fluffy Pancakes. Pancakes will never be the same at your house as well!
What do you think? Will your family love these pancakes as much as mine?
Double Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Yield: 10-12 pancakes 1x
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Butter, for the skillet
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Homemade whipped cream
- Fresh berries
- In a large bowl, sift together cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl whisk the banana, honey, milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and combine until smooth, just until there are no dry clumps but careful to not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a large non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat and grease generously. Add 1/4 cup batter for large pancakes or 2 tablespoons for silver-dollar pancakes, onto the greased skillet. Once the center is bubbly, flip and cook the other side for an additional minute, until cooked through. Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Serve hot, topped with homemade whipped cream & fresh berries.
If you are using an all-purpose gluten-free flour to make these pancakes, add 2-3 tablespoons of additional liquid as gluten-free flours are more absorbent.