Refresh your weekend pancake tradition with a batch of these strawberry pancakes! No one will be able to resist soft, fluffy pancakes with sweet strawberry pieces in every bite.
Pancakes are king for a yummy breakfast or quick dinner the entire family will love. Currently, strawberry pancakes are in the spotlight, and you’re about to find out why.
Homemade Strawberry Pancake Recipe
Homemade strawberry pancakes bring on the delicious flavor of juicy, diced strawberries cooked inside a warm, fluffy pancake. These pancakes can be enjoyed year-round, whether you make them with fresh summer berries or the frozen stash in your freezer.
Serve them with butter and maple syrup, fresh berries and whipped cream, or my Homemade Strawberry Syrup if you want to get crazy. The flavors are out. Of. This. World.
Getting ahead of myself, first, let’s take a look at what you need to make perfect strawberry pancakes.
Strawberry Pancake Ingredients
For this recipe, we use my Classic Pancake recipe and fold in diced berries right before cooking. The ingredients are simple and are probably waiting in your fridge and pantry as you read:
- all-purpose flour: use regular all-purpose or a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- baking powder: helps the batter rise and cook into a fluffy pancake.
- salt: enhances the flavors of strawberries, sugar, and butter.
- sugar: just enough to make these slightly sweet.
- milk: use regular or your favorite non-dairy milk.
- egg: binds the batter ingredients and helps the pancakes rise. If you’re in a pinch, you can also make pancakes without eggs with the tips in this post.
- butter: makes the pancake texture soft and adds a buttery flavor.
- strawberries: fresh or frozen and folded in at the last minute.
*If using frozen berries, make sure they are defrosted before folding into the batter, so no one bites into a half-frozen berry.
How to Make Strawberry Pancakes
The best pancake batter is one that is not overmixed. Below I’ll show you how to make these strawberry pancakes so they’re super fluffy and have equal amounts of juicy berry in each bite!
- Combine the Dry Ingredients
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Make a Well
In the center of the flour, make a well, and pour in the milk, egg, and melted butter; mix with a fork or whisk until smooth.
Once the batter is combined, add the diced strawberries and gently fold until just incorporated.
Heat a non-stick griddle or large pan over medium-high heat. Scoop ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Wait until bubbles form to flip. Brown on the other side and serve with your choice of syrup and additional berries.
Want to make these with me? Grab the recipe in the video below:
Make-Ahead Strawbery Pancakes
Make the pancake batter the night before, but don’t add the strawberries just yet! Refrigerate the batter overnight and just before cooking, fold in the strawberries.
If you find the batter too thick, add a tablespoon of milk or water, and stir until the batter reaches the right consistency.
Freezing is also another option to make these strawberry pancakes ahead, and it’s really simple. Prepare the pancakes according to the recipe, then freeze them on a lined baking sheet before transferring the frozen pancakes to a large zip bag.
When you’re ready for a delicious breakfast, remove the desired amount of pancakes from the freezer and reheat them in the microwave or toaster oven.
Easy Strawberry Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup strawberries, diced, fresh or frozen (defrosted if using frozen)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the milk, egg, and butter. Mix with a whisk or fork until smooth.
- Add the strawberries to the batter, and using a spatula, gently fold them into the batter until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or large pan over medium-high heat, I set my griddle at 300-350 F. Grease or spray your surface.
- Pour or scoop ¼ cup of strawberry batter for each pancake. Wait until bubbles form to flip. Continue cooking for an additional minute to cook through, flip and brown on the other side. Remove from the pan or griddle and serve.