Want a spin on the traditional hummus? Try this edamame hummus recipe ASAP! It has the same garlicky, delicious flavors you love with a bonus of 8 grams of protein per serving.
Let’s grab our favorite dipping snacks and make a batch of this edamame hummus- quick!
What is Edamame Hummus
Edamame hummus is a yummy variation of my classic hummus recipe made with steamed soybeans instead of chickpeas. It has the same creamy texture we love but a richer flavor thanks to the combination of tahini, fresh garlic, and soy sauce.
How Many Calories Are in this Edamame Dip
Each ¼ cup serving of edamame dip has 212 calories, 9 grams of protein, 17 grams of healthy fats, and only 4 grams of net carbs.
This is a terrific nutritional profile; plus, edamame is considered a complete protein because it provides all of the essential amino acids our bodies need but can’t produce.
Edamame Hummus Ingredients
Here’s everything you need to make a batch of the best edamame hummus:
- shelled edamame: you can find these in the frozen section of your local grocery store.
- tahini: adds depth of flavor and makes great hummus
- water: gives it a smoother consistency.
- lemon juice: brightens the flavor.
- soy sauce: just a dash or two helps bring out the edamame flavor.
- garlic: fragrant and makes any hummus taste better.
- salt: enhances the other flavors.
- cumin: adds smokiness.
- ground coriander: dried and ground cilantro leaves- a little pinch goes a long way.
- olive oil: adds richness and helps the ingredients blend.
- flat-leaf parsley: just a sprinkle of fresh parsley for garnish.
How to Make Edamame Hummus
- Prep the edamame
Steam the edamame according to package directions.
Combine the edamame, tahini, water, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, and spices in the food processor or blender. While processing, drizzle in the olive oil, allowing the mixture to fully combine.
Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and top with freshly chopped parsley if using.
You can also watch how to make this recipe in the video below:
What Goes with Edamame Hummus
This edamame hummus tastes great with anything you’d serve with regular hummus! Enjoy it with sliced fresh vegetables, crackers, or pita bread for a substantial and healthy snack. You can also use it in place of mayonnaise in healthy wraps and sandwiches.Print