You know what’s better for you and more affordable than going out to eat? Making this easy popcorn shrimp salad at home!
If you can assemble a salad and bake your favorite popcorn shrimp, you can make this recipe!
Easy Salad with Popcorn Shrimp
For the ultimate easy salad-making experience, use pre-chopped slaw mix or salad mix, which requires zero chopping. Topped with your favorite popcorn shrimp, you’ve got a quick meal ready to go in minutes!
You’ll find popcorn shrimp in the freezer aisle, and typically, you cook it in the oven or air fryer.
Fried Popcorn Shrimp Salad Ingredients
To make this fried popcorn shrimp salad, you’ll only need a couple of ingredients:
- Popcorn Shrimp: nobody makes their own, not even your favorite restaurant. Go ahead and buy your favorite ones from the freezer aisle.
- Slaw mix: sure, you could use salad mix, but slaw has an irresistible crunch!
- Cilantro: its citrusy flavor brings so much to this recipe. Skip it if you’re one of the 1% whose tastebuds say it tastes like soap.
- Olive oil: to coat and as a dressing for the salad.
- Vinegar: part of the dressing.
- Honey: balance out the dressing.
Below you’ll find the measurements for this recipe in the recipe card.
How to Make Bang Bang Popcorn Shrimp Salad
Making a salad with fried popcorn shrimp is quite simple, and you don’t even need to mess up the kitchen! These are the simple steps:
Preheat the oven or the air fryer according to the directions on the packaging.
- Build the salad base
Place the slaw mix and cilantro in a large bowl or platter. Mix to combine.
Bake or air fry the popcorn shrimp according to the package directions.
- Make the dressing & drizzle
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. In another bowl, make the creamy Sriracha drizzle or one of the dressing suggestions below.
Top the salad base with the fried popcorn shrimp, drizzle the dressing, and toss to combine.
Serve it immediately or pack it inside a container for a terrific work lunch!
Dressing Options for Bang Bang Popcorn Shrimp Salad
Fried shrimp salads pair well with creamy dressings like Ranch dressing and Honey mustard, or the Spicy dressing below as well as simple vinaigrettes.
I personally love the creamy and spicy Sriracha drizzle included in the recipe card below, which you can adjust to your liking, heat-wise!
Baked Bang Bang Shrimp Salad
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Asian sweet chili sauce
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 14- ounce package Popcorn Shrimp
- 8 cups slaw mix
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F (or the temperature noted in popcorn shrimp packaging).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and Sriracha. If the sauce is too thick for your liking to pour over salad, add a little water. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar, and honey. Set aside.
- Place Popcorn Shrimp on a baking sheet and bake, for 14-16 minutes until done (check your package directions, this might vary by brand). Remove from oven.
- In a large bowl, combine Napa cabbage and purple cabbage. Pour olive oil mixture, give it a quick toss, and add in chopped cilantro. Transfer salad base onto a serving platter, top with warm popcorn shrimp, and drizzle with Sriracha dressing.