Wow, everyone at home with this healthy dessert you can prep quickly and easily in the food processor or blender!
Healthy Chocolate Mousse with Avocado
Say hello to the ultimate effortless treat: Chocolate Avocado Mousse. When you crave a bowl of chocolatey goodness, this guilt-free dessert is everything you want and more! Decadent, healthy, and easy to make in 5 minutes… it couldn’t be any better.
Instead of heavy cream, butter, and refined sugar, this recipe includes creamy avocado and ripe banana, two ingredients that turn a classic indulgent dessert into a healthy and nutritious one, just as delicious! But wait. Avocado on a dessert? Yes! Since it has a neutral flavor, nobody will notice there’s some green stuff in their chocolate mousse!
Healthy desserts like this one are always a winner with my family and guests. But you know what is the best news for you and me? That we can make this Chocolate Avocado Mousse easily in 5 minutes with the food processor!
Make the most of ripe bananas and avocados to prep this mouthwatering mousse. You’ll find the ingredient measurements in the recipe card at the end of the post, but first, check if you have everything you need:
- Ripe bananas: at least not green. Those sad, ripe bananas lost in your fridge are perfectly sweet for this recipe.
- Ripe avocados: use ripe avocados for a creamy, chunky-free texture.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: the chocolate this recipe asks for!
- Honey: much healthier than refined sugar, to add sweetness.
- Vanilla extract: that delicious dessert flavor we all love.
- Toppings: I like adding whipped cream or berries. Keep reading for more tasty ideas.
How to Make Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Can this delicious dessert be SO easy to make? This Chocolate Avocado Mousse is made by simply pushing the food processor button and letting it chill:
You’ll place all the ingredients in the food processor or blender to combine until smooth.
While you can eat it now… you’ll want to wait because the colder, the better! Refrigerate for at least one hour to get that decadent mousse consistency we love.
Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Why Isn’t it fluffy?
It happens that sometimes, when making this chocolate avocado mousse, the texture isn’t as fluffy or airy as you’d expect from the classic mousse. This happens to me, too, most often due to over-mixing. That said, this mousse is made with avocado and bananas, two dense ingredients that often yield an airier-than-pudding but thicker-than-mousse texture.
How to Serve Chocolate Avocado Mousse
My favorite toppings for chocolate avocado mousse are whipped cream and berries, a combo made in heaven! When I want extra texture and nutrition, nuts, seeds, and shredded coconut are terrific choices. And, of course, you can kick up the choco-factor by topping this dessert with chocolate chips or shredded chocolate!
Chocolate Avocado Mousse leftovers can be stored and covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for one or two days. Longer than that is not a good idea since the bananas are not cooked, so they keep ripening.
Freezing leftovers? You can do it, but the texture will change. I recommend enjoying this dessert fresh right after making it.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse (Super Easy!)
- 3 ripe bananas, at least not green
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings: whipped cream and berries
- In a food processor or blender, place the ripe bananas, avocados, cocoa powder, honey, and vanilla. Process until smooth.
- Divide the chocolate mousse inside 4 ramekins or small bowls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. The colder the better.
- Serve the chocolate mousse as is, topped with berries, or whipped cream.