Healthy, flourless and full of amazing flavor, these oatmeal protein cookies are about to become your new favorite snack.
For days when you can’t decide between a cookie or a snack bar, this cookie is here to be the best of both and you can whip these up in about 15 minutes. Amazing, right?
Flourless Oatmeal Protein Cookie Ingredients
Do you ever look at a packed lunchbox and think to yourself: “I have to add something else in here” or, “I need to a small something for snack time.” And then, you proceed to head over to your pantry and eye the options.
I’ve experienced this scenario often -a lot actually- until I decided to write a 240-page book on snacks I hadn’t really thought about how simple and easy it really is to create wholesome snacks from the ingredients most of us already have in our pantry.
The Best Homemade Kids’ Snacks on the Planet
This cookbook is packed with 200+ homemade snacks the entire family will love.
Grab your copy today!
For this recipe, you just need a few ingredients and a big mixing bowl.
- Mashed bananas for some natural sweetness
- Peanut butter for flavor and to hold things together
- Vanilla for that extra boost of sweetness
- Baking powder for that little bit of lift
- Vanilla protein flavoring & protein all in one!
- Oats healthy, and delicious
- Hemp seed hearts packed with delicious nutrients
- Chia seeds full of iron and calcium
When I set out to make this protein cookie, I wanted it to be high in nutrition so it could be my new go-to office snack and lunchbox snack.
It’s so easy for all of us to gravitate towards a cookie instead of a healthier option, so I wanted to emphasize amazing flavor, but also give myself and my kids a nice boost of energy to get us through the day, instead of a sugar crash that most cookies will provide if you eat them in the middle of your day.
I have experimented with a few different protein powders and flavors for this cookie but ultimately you can’t beat the classic vanilla flavor (though chocolate is a close second place).
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of protein powders and their uses, I’ve written extensively about them and linked a few of my favorites here.
How to Make High Protein Oatmeal Cookies
They are super simple to make, and they are high in protein, fiber, plant omega 3s, iron, vitamins, and minerals; so this is one cookie you can feel really good about sending in your kids’ lunchboxes or taking to work for your own 3pm snack.
The soft & chewy texture and vanilla flavor makes this cookie one your kids will ask in their lunchbox often.
You can print this protein cookie recipe below, but I wanted to show you just how easy these are to make in this quick recipe video. And yes, that’s my daughter baking with me when she was just a kid (she’s a teen now)!
This is a very fun kid-friendly recipe to bake.
What is your favorite nutritious baked snack?
Oatmeal Protein Cookie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed banana, peanut butter, vanilla, and baking powder. Add protein powder, oats, hemp seed hearts, and chia until everything is combined and you have a thick batter.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon-sized mounds onto the lined baking sheet. Press down with your fingers or a fork to shape the dough into a cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool down to room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days.