Instant Pot Minestrone Soup

This post is sponsored by Cans Get You CookingAll opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting my partners that encourage my creativity and work.

This hearty Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is a quick take on the classic Italian soup, and it’s made super-fast with a few pantry staples and the Instant Pot! Get ready because dinner is going to be good.

instant pot homemade minestrone soup

This Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is a meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights since you don’t need to go much further than the pantry.

I’ve been inspired by Cans Get You Cooking to make more recipes using items found in the pantry and the canned goods section of your grocery store. Using canned foods to make some of our favorite recipes helps cut down prep and cook time, which means more time out of the kitchen and with our families.

instant pot homemade minestrone soup

Canned foods also help reduce the amount of perishable fruits and vegetables that sometimes end up being thrown away at the end of the week. What I love about canned foods is that the portion sizes are just right for both individuals and families, and most recipes are designed around these sizes, meaning less food waste!

instant pot homemade minestrone soup

But do they have the same nutritional value? Yes! What I love is that canned vegetables and fruit are harvested at the peak of ripeness and canned within a few hours, to seal their nutrition and flavor. Since they are already cooked, all we need to do is add, stir, and heat.

instant pot homemade minestrone soup

This, my friend, is the best part about stocking our pantries with canned staples. Healthy family meals, fast. Simple enough, right?

And that’s exactly what we are doing with this Minestrone.

It’s made with 90% pantry staples, the other 10% being a chopped onion, garlic, celery, and zucchini. Since I wanted to keep it simple and stick to ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, like beans, green beans, tomatoes, and broth.

instant pot homemade minestrone soup

Sometimes, I make this soup in the slow cooker, other times in a Dutch oven on the stove top when I have 30 minutes. But today, with the Instantpot or pressure cooker it’s half the time!

instant pot homemade minestrone soup

See? I’m looking out for you. A healthy meal that cooks itself while you finish up homework with the kids, get everyone to wash their hands

Instant Pot Minestrone Soup

instant pot homemade minestrone soup
  • Author: Laura Fuentes
  • Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 medium onion diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 32 ounce can diced tomatoes
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 medium zucchini sliced
  • 15 ounce can Italian green beans
  • 3/4 cup shelled pasta
  • 15 ounce can white beans
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 loaf of garlic bread, optional

Instructions

  1. Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Add olive oil, onion, garlic, and celery. Saute while stirring for about 3 minutes until softened.
  2. Add tomato paste, basil, oregano, thyme, diced tomatoes, broth, zucchini, green beans, and pasta. Close the lid and set to manual high pressure (HP) for 6 minutes. It will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to reach high pressure, then it will cook for 6 minutes.
  3. When the timer goes off, let sit for 1-2 minutes. Then set to quick pressure release to vent steam.
  4. Remove lid, add white beans, stir to combine, close lid for 2 minutes to heat through.
  5. Serve in bowls and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic bread.

Nutrition

  • Serving Size: 1 serving
  • Calories: 180
  • Fat: 4
  • Carbohydrates: 30
  • Fiber: 6
  • Protein: 7

and set the table.

A few things you should know before cooking:

Minestrone soup is versatile so add any of your favorite seasonal veggies or a protein to make this your own! Use your favorite pasta such as shells, macaroni, orecchiette, or ditalini is best because the shape holds more broth. More broth = more flavor!

I love to make this Minestrone soup year-round when I want to feed my family a hearty meal that everyone enjoys.

What are some of your favorite recipes to make with your canned pantry staples?

 

Leave a Reply 5 comments

Matt - October 7, 2018 Reply

I made this last night. It was SO EASY and delish!

Rochelle - October 7, 2018 Reply

Where is the list of ingredients and instructions?

    Laura Fuentes - October 7, 2018 Reply

    Hi Rochelle! I just refreshed the post and the recipe is visible. Enjoy!

Sarah Beth - October 8, 2018 Reply

How would you suggest cooking this in a Dutch oven. This looks so good!

    Laura Fuentes - October 10, 2018 Reply

    Hi Sarah, I’ll be sharing that recipe soon!

Leave a Reply: