This post is sponsored by Premio Sausage. I received product for this post but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that encourage my creativity and work.
These Italian Sausage and Peppers lunches are the type of quick and easy meals I make for my family. Yes, even for lunch! What I love is that they are both made in a single skillet and from one idea, I can make two different lunches for a his & hers lunch date.
If you love skillet meals as much as I do, you know how convenient it makes it to get dinner on the table every night. As you know, my husband works with me some days at the Studio, and taking a break for lunch is something we enjoy doing.
Enter our favorite his & hers lunch: the Italian Sausage and Peppers lunch idea. We both love Premio’s Italian sausage for both taste and the versatility of the ingredient.
I buy Premio sausage for my family because it’s made with butcher quality cuts of meat, authentic Italian spices, and nothing else. That means that it’s made fresh with no fillers, preservatives, MSG, or gluten. It’s also readily available at my local grocery, and it comes in many different varieties including Sweet Italian Sausage, and Hot Italian Sausage.
If you don’t eat pork or you are watching what you eat, Premio also offers varieties made with chicken sausage with 60% less fat than pork sausage.
Skillet meals make it super convenient to feed ourselves and our families quickly on a busy weeknight. They often happen at my house, and they are a hit with my family. For me, they help me get creative with my meals and cleanup is easy: one pan!
And because of my love for my awesome skillet, I’ve made sure I have one at the office so I can whip up a lunch quickly while I’m working, one that both nourishes and keeps me satiated for the rest of the day with plenty of protein and fiber.
My husband, on the other hand, loves a good hoagie. Back in our dating days, we’d go to the mall, and he would go to the steak place and get an onion, pepper, and steak or sausage hoagie. The provolone cheese would melt right over the hot sausage and peppers, and he was in his glory. To this day, it’s one of his favorite sandwiches, and he loves it when I recreate it for him with Premio’s sausage.
Since I don’t eat bread, I place the delicious Italians sausage and peppers combination over a bed of lettuce. The peppers are perfectly crisp-tender, and the juices from the sausage make this salad… perfection! It’s so good as is, I don’t even need salad dressing!
This meal is so incredibly simple to make, and Premio’s Italian Sausage allows it to be rich in flavors without having to add many ingredients. Paired with other fresh ingredients, it’s a restaurant quality meal made quickly at home. Convenient, flavorful, and fresh.
To find Premio Sausage quality products at your local grocery, check out the store locator for a retailer near you.Print
Italian Sausage and Peppers His & Hers Lunches
- 8 ounces Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, pork or chicken
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces sliced black olives
- 1 whole wheat hoagie bun
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Remove Premio sausage from the casing by slicing sausage casing with a paring knife down the middle. Peel back casing, add sausage to a large cast iron skillet, heated up over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, breaking it up with a spatula into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Once sausage is done cooking, add bell pepper and onions to the skillet. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until the onions and peppers have softened, turn off heat.
- Assemble “hers” in a large plate or salad bowl by creating a bed of romaine lettuce, topped with cherry tomatoes, and half of the black olives. Top with half of the sausage and veggie mixture.
- Assemble “his” by spreading mayonnaise (if using) on the bread. Place provolone cheese on one side of the bread and place remaining sausage mixture onto the bread, close sandwich.