August 18, 2016
Want a delicious spin on the classic movie night snack? Make this cinnamon popcorn for a fun snack that will have everyone asking for more!
Whether you’ve heard of this epic honey butter cinnamon popcorn combo, I’m going to share a few sweet reasons to make it with you.
Sweet Cinnamon Popcorn
Cinnamon popcorn drizzled with melted honey butter will leave your tastebuds amazed and ready for more. It’s not overly sweet like caramel corn and is simple to make!
Use regular microwave popcorn, or make your own on the stove-top. Both options taste great with the buttery glaze.
Cinnamon on popcorn has been a long-standing tradition in my family, but a while back, my daughter wanted to try it with a drizzle of honey, and the rest is history.
Cinnamon Honey Butter Popcorn Ingredients
Here’s everything you need to make a batch of this honey butter popcorn!
- corn kernels: you’ll need ½ cup of kernels or 2 bags of microwave popcorn.
- butter: nothing tastes better than buttered popcorn!
- honey: makes the popcorn sweet and brings out the butter and cinnamon flavors.
- cinnamon: a sprinkle of cinnamon goes a long way.
- salt: just a pinch to enhance the other flavors!
How to Make Cinnamon Popcorn with Honey Butter
You’re just three steps away from buttery cinnamon popcorn. Grab those ingredients, and let’s make it.
Pop ½ cup corn kernels or the equivalent of 6 cups. Prepare it on the stove-top, in an air popper, or the microwave.
- Make the cinnamon honey butter
Microwave the butter, honey, cinnamon, and salt in a small dish for 30 seconds or until the butter is melted. Whisk to combine.
- Serve up!
Pour the honey-butter mixture over the popcorn and toss to combine.
Watch this quick video to see it happen in under a minute!
All that’s left is to put on your favorite movie and try to make the popcorn last!
Cinnamon Popcorn with Honey Butter
- ½ cup corn kernels, popped to yield approx. 6 popcorn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pop the kernels in the microwave or on the stove-top and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the butter, honey, cinnamon, and salt to a small microwave-safe dish, and microwave for 30 seconds until the butter is melted. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the honey-butter glaze over the popcorn and toss to coat. Enjoy!