These air-fryer zucchini chips are easy to make and are a deliciously healthy and low-carb snack you can make fast! This recipe has no breading and they are crispy!
If you find yourself reaching for salty and savory snacks, these zucchini chips will be your new favorite. They are super light, yummy, and can be enjoyed for a quick bite or a salad topping (instead of croutons!).
With the help of the air fryer, these zucchini chips turn into crisp, golden brown perfection in minutes. There is no need to pull out the frying pan, oil, mess up the kitchen… you get it.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chip Ingredients
With 4 ingredients or less, you’ll have a crispy snack you can feel good about grabbing. Once baked, these chips go fast and make perfect use of the abundance of summer zucchini.
Here’s everything you need to make this recipe:
- cooking spray
- favorite seasoning
How to Make Zucchini Chips in an Air Fryer
You can make zucchini chips in an air fryer, regardless of the brand, in about 18 minutes. Here’s how to make them:
Using a kitchen knife or mandolin, slice the zucchini thin, almost see-through, about ⅛-inch thick.
- Draw out the moisture
Place the zucchini in an even layer on a paper towel or clean kitchen towel, sprinkle with salt, and place another towel on top. Leave for 10 minutes, so all the excess moisture is absorbed.
*You want to remove as much moisture as possible, so the zucchini slices achieve a crispy texture.
- Spritz and sprinkle
Place the zucchini in an even layer in the air-fryer basket. Spray the tops with cooking spray and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Let the air fryer do its thing
Air fry at 370F for 9 minutes before flipping with kitchen tongs and cooking for an additional 7 to 9 minutes.
Watch how easily you can make air fryer zucchini chips in this recipe video!
If you don’t have an air-fryer, you can also make zucchini chips in the oven, as shown in this post. It takes a bit longer, about 2 hours, but they are super crisp and delicious once baked.
Seasoning for Zucchini Chips
Serve with these Low Carb Snack Ideas
Storing Zucchini Chips
To prevent these from going stale or soggy, store the zucchini chips in an airtight container or zip bag for up to 1 week.
- Adding a paper towel to the container would also help keep them dry and crisp.
- Like regular chips, keep them at room temperature or refrigerate. If you refrigerate them or they get soft, you can crisp them up in the air fryer for about 5 minutes.
Since this recipe is naturally low carb and keto-friendly I often use it as a snack when I’m Intermittent fasting. It’s a great snack to keep on hand when I’m in my eating window whether I’m keeping my meals keto or simply low carb.
Intermittent Fasting Book + Meal Plan
Everything you need to jumpstart your intermittent fasting journey: full eBook, meal plan, plus recipes!
Tips for Crispy Zucchini Chips from the Air Fryer
The following tips will help prevent the zucchini chips from getting soggy and keep them crispy.
Slice them thin
Thin zucchini slices make the crispiest chips, and using a mandoline is the easiest way to achieve paper-thin slices.
Even size and thickness
Uniform thickness and size ensure all of the chips finish simultaneously and get that golden brown color.
Give them space
Crowding the zucchini slices will cause them to sweat, which means steamed zucchini, not chips.
This will cause the chips to get soggy, and you can always add more after they are cooked.
Draw out the moisture
Don’t skip the step of sprinkling the slices with salt and layering them between two kitchen towels. It’s the difference between limp and crispy zucchini chips.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips with No Breading
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into ⅛-inch thick slices
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon seasoning blend or spices of choice
- Using a kitchen knife or mandolin, slice the zucchini into ⅛-inch thick slices.
- Place the zucchini in an even layer on a paper towel or clean kitchen towel, sprinkle with salt, and place another towel on top. Leave for 10 minutes, so all the excess moisture is absorbed.
- Add the zucchini to the air-fryer basket in an even layer. Lightly spray the tops with cooking spray and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Air fry at 370F for 9 minutes before flipping with kitchen tongs and cooking for an additional 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.