Want to upgrade your canned cranberry sauce? If so, you are going to love this Orange and port cranberry sauce recipe.
Whether you make this recipe for your Thanksgiving meal or your Holiday gatherings, I can almost guarantee that you’ll be asked for the recipe!
Orange & Port Cranberry Sauce
- Yield: 5-6 cups 1x
- 2 – 12oz bags whole cranberries
- 1 cup 100% orange juice -not from concentrate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup ruby port
- Rinse cranberries.
- Add all ingredients in a 4qt pot and bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat to medium-high heat (so it continues to boil) for 12-15min stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Allow sauce to cool.
- For “chunky” sauce pour in glass jars as is. If you like a “smooth” cranberry sauce pour in blender and blend until smooth (once cooled). Then transfer to jelly mason jars. Makes between 6-7 jelly sized jars. Good thing, because you are going to want to have extra to give away to your guests or to use in leftover sandwiches!