June 1, 2021
This post is sponsored by Sabra Dipping Co. All opinions and recipes within are my own.
There’s nothing better than fuss-free entertainment when you want to enjoy the company and these party platter ideas are fresh and delicious and easy to make!
Whether it’s a birthday or a chance to kick back and hang out, summer is filled with get-togethers and lots of food! On the occasions that I’m the host and want to minimize the back-and-forth running to the kitchen, I’ve found that a platter or board is always the perfect meal for the occasion.
Today, I want to share how I take everyone’s favorite dip, Sabra Hummus, and turn it into a crowd-pleasing meal – yes, hummus is not just for dipping!
From Greek-inspired nachos to grilled veggies and a new pinwheel recipe, these ideas will be a hit whether you serve them poolside or at the next cookout.
Healthy Party Platters
The key to a healthy party platter includes a variety of items, color, and having lots of ingredients to choose from! You can get fancy or keep it simple, that’s entirely up to you -variety is key.
No matter who shows up at my house, the variety of Sabra Hummus keeps my entertainment meals interesting and delicious – often surprising my guests with its versatility -it’s not just for dipping.
Grilled Veggie Platter
Grilled veggies are not meant to only be served on the side. When paired with Sabra’s Red Pepper Hummus and warmed naan, you can turn it into a wonderful plant-based meal.
There’s something about serving up a perfectly grilled seasonal veggies like summer squash, red peppers, sweet onions, and asparagus that will have everyone’s eyes light up.
Build this grilled veggie platter by grilling your veggies to perfection, placing them on a platter with warm naan and hummus. This delicious combination makes an epic plant-based meal.
Tip: Add/swap-out any of your favorite veggies to grill, like mushrooms, eggplant, steamed baby potatoes, etc.
No grill? No problem. Cook your veggies to perfection in the oven by spreading them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzling a little olive oil over the top, and roasting them at 375F for 30 to 35 minutes. In the last ten minutes, place the naan on another baking sheet, and heat them up in a lower oven rack.
The timeless flavor of Sabra Classic Hummus never goes out of style, making it the perfect base for this fresh meal idea. Everyone loves to gather around the Greek Nachos making it a perfect conversation starter.
One by one, the toppings, the pita wedges, and the last of the hummus will be enjoyed from the tub, revealing a baking sheet as the base which leads to compliments to the “chef” for the ingenious idea.
Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
Smoked salmon is not just for bagels. It’s a delicious filling for pinwheels -especially when paired with everyone’s favorite seasoning: everything bagel!
I’ve taken this gathering idea up a notch by using, Sabra Everything Bagel Seasoned Hummus. It’s a game-changer. Of course, you’ll want to serve extra for dipping with fresh veggies.
Here is how to build the Everything Wrapped pinwheels:
- Place tortillas on a flat surface. Spread approximately 2 tablespoons of hummus over each tortilla. Top with arugula and red onion slices. Top with smoked salmon.
- Beginning on one end, roll wrap tightly to the other end. Using a sharp knife, slice in half, and each half into 3 thick pinwheels.
- Place Sabra Everything Bagel Seasoned Hummus on one end of the board along with the pinwheels and fresh veggies.
Ready for your next gathering? Use one of these hummus-inspired ideas or discover a new favorite in Sabra’s infinite board of epic ideas here.
Click here to shop for your favorite Sabra Hummus Flavor and have it delivered right to your door and start dipping today!
Sabra Party Platter Ideas for your Summer Gathering
Greek Nacho Party Platter
- 1 tub Sabra Classic Hummus
- 4 pita rounds, sliced into wedges
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- ½ to 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- ½ cup diced red onion
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Line a rimmed baking sheet or serving platter with parchment paper.
- Place 1 tub Sabra Classic hummus in the center of the baking sheet. Place the pita wedges around the edges of the sheet or serving platter.
- Making alternate sections, evenly divide the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, and red onion around the hummus. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.