Thank you to the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council for sponsoring this post.
My kids think that pancakes are one of the best foods ever created. In many ways, I agree with them since I often rely on them for a quick breakfast-for-dinner meal solution. Add in some frozen blueberries and bake them in a mini-muffin pan, and now you have deliciousness in every bite!
For today’s’ recipe, I’ve partnered with the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council to show you the goodness of frozen blueberries! Taking a few moments to make a fun breakfast can make our kids feel special, while we know they are getting nutritious ingredients in every bite.
While coming up with a new recipe or meal can often be a task on its own, one part of the day that isn’t complicated: tossing in no-fuss frozen blueberries. I always have them in my freezer for making recipes like my Blueberry Baked Oatmeal, Blueberry Pancake Syrup, and adding to my favorite smoothies.
If you subscribe to this blog, you know that I use blueberries in a lot of my recipes. I nearly always keep a big bag of them in my freezer for smoothies, pancake sauce, baked goods, and more.
While I love making pancakes, sometimes I am in the mood to make my kids’ favorite meal a little more fun, and honestly, placing these in the oven allow me to cook up some bacon, cut up additional fruit to serve them with, or step out of the kitchen for a minute and fold a load of laundry.
These blueberry pancake bites are a breeze to make, and my kids couldn’t stop eating them! It’s hard to wait until they are ready and plated -Patience is not our strong suit, but we are working on it.
If you’ve never tried pancake bites, I encourage you to try this new recipe as it’s created some great moments with my family. Keeping your freezer stocked with frozen blueberries ups my game (and the recipe) and it adds a pop of color, flavor, and nutrition. And boy, is it super convenient!
How do you like to incorporate frozen blueberries into your recipes?
Blueberry Pancake Bites
- Yield: 24 pancake bites 1x
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and grease a 24 mini-muffin pan with butter or spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the middle and add milk, butter, egg, vanilla, and lemon zest. Mix to combine batter until there are no clumps and well blended.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full and fill with 3 frozen blueberries each, pushing them slightly down into the batter mixture. Bake 12-14 minutes until the tops are golden brown, remove from oven and allow mini muffins to cool for about 5 minutes prior to serving.
- For a fun glaze, combine 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons milk in a small bowl. Drizzle over mini muffins and enjoy.