This easy Blueberry Spinach Salad takes just 5 minutes of time to make! It’s a light and refreshing side that pairs great with everything.
This salad requires minimal prep time and packs great for lunch as well!
Simple Blueberry Spinach Salad
Adding blueberries to an otherwise simple spinach salad adds a touch of sweetness to each bite.
This salad comes together quickly by tossing everything in a bowl without the need to chop any ingredients, which is why I love delegating this recipe to someone else while I finish prepping dinner.
If you wait to toss it with the dressing until you’re ready to eat it, you can also make it ahead and have it ready for dinner time.
Blueberry Spinach Salad Ingredients
Here’s everything that you need to make this simple Blueberry Spinach Salad:
- Spinach & spring salad mix: You can mix your own or buy it already done for you at the store.
- Fresh blueberries: Grab a few, rinse, and toss them in!
- Crumbled feta cheese: This is perfect for adding flavor and dairy!
- Slivered almonds: Adding the slivered almonds adds a nice crunch and a dose of healthy protein.
- Balsamic vinaigrette: This is my favorite to add on top, but you can also use any other type of dressing, too.
You’ll find a printable recipe card below.
How to Make a Blueberry Spinach Side Salad
Making this nutritious spinach side salad takes about 5 minutes and one bowl. You can use your favorite dressing or the vinaigrette I share with you.
Here is how you make this simple berry salad:
- Make the dressing
Make the vinaigrette recipe if using homemade.
- Layer the ingredients
In a large bowl, layer the spring salad mix, blueberries, feta cheese, and slivered almonds.
- Add the dressing
Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss to coat.
Tip: You can wait to add the dressing until right before serving to keep the salad from getting soggy.
Spinach Salad Variations and Toppings
Even though this recipe is simple enough as is, there is always room for more toppings! You can add whatever you’d like to make it your own. Add a little variety by adding one or more of these:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Purple onions
- Grilled chicken
- Hard-boiled eggs
Is this Spinach Blueberry Salad Healthy?
Spinach salads are highly nutritious, and by adding blueberries, you’re upping the nutritional content of your meal. Antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber… you’re getting it all in one serving.
Of course, what tends to up the calories and void any nutrition out of a salad is always the dressing you choose, which is why I always suggest tossing the dressing all over the salad and adding just enough to give it flavor. This is better than drizzling ranch right out of the bottle or jar over the plate, of course.
Remember that a little dressing can go a long way.
Dressing Options for Blueberry Spinach Salad
If you don’t want to use a vinaigrette salad dressing, you can opt for other dressings like my Homemade Ranch, Cilantro Lime Ranch, Citrus Vinaigrette, Maple Dijon Dressing, or anything else that you’re craving.
Blueberry Spinach Salad
- 6 cups spinach & spring salad mix
- ½ cup fresh blueberries & blackberries, one or both
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Make the vinaigrette recipe if using homemade.
- In a large bowl, layer the spring salad mix, blueberries, feta cheese, and slivered almonds.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss to coat.