August 28, 2023
Whip up this vinaigrette dressing in 5 minutes in a blender or food processor for the smoothest and creamiest texture!
Homemade Champagne Vinaigrette
The other dressings in your fridge will have to wait their turn since you’ll be making this delicious Champagne Vinaigrette on repeat!
It’s an epic drizzle over ALL your favorite salads because it’s smooth, tasty, and feels luxurious. No store-bought dressing can compete with this simple recipe.
You only need champagne vinegar, mustard, lemon, honey, and garlic. Combine them in the blender or food processor for a creamy texture or shake them in a jar. That’s it!
It’s a 5-minute and 5-star recipe you can store in the fridge for up to a week, although the jar will probably be empty before! And once it’s gone, try my drool-worthy Red Wine Vinaigrette recipe.
What Does Champagne Dressing Taste Like?
When it comes to vinaigrettes, Champagne vinaigrette is in the milder-flavored spectrum. It’s not as tangy (vinegary) as others and has lightly sweet and citric notes from honey and lemon. If you like white wine vinaigrette, you will be delighted with this mellower dressing packed with flavor.
The mix of champagne vinaigrette with other flavorful ingredients yields a terrific dressing to pour over salads and everything you want!
Here’s what you need:
- Garlic clove: everything tastes better with garlic!
- Dijon mustard: adds flavor and consistency to the dressing.
- Champagne vinegar: the heart of this recipe!
- Lemon juice: use fresh lemon juice for better results.
- Honey: a sweet flavor to balance the tanginess of mustard and vinegar.
- Salt and pepper: what would we do without them?
- Olive oil: adds flavor and a nice texture to coat salads.
You’ll find the measurements for this recipe in the printable recipe card below.
How to Make Champagne Vinaigrette
Mix all the ingredients in 5 minutes and you’ll have a delicious homemade champagne vinaigrette to drizzle over your favorite salads. As simple as tasty!
Check the step-by-step:
- Mix and blend
Make the salad dressing by placing all ingredients, except the olive oil, inside a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the olive oil
With the blender running, slowly pour the olive oil into the smooth dressing until it’s emulsified -once it looks creamy. Alternatively, you can finely chop the garlic clove, combine all ingredients inside a mason jar, and shake generously.
Transfer the salad dressing into a salad dressing container or pitcher and refrigerate until ready to serve for up to a week.
Alternatively, combine all the ingredients in a jar, give them a good shake, and it’s good to go! While it won’t be smooth and creamy, it works!
How to Store Leftover Champagne Dressing
I like to store this champagne vinaigrette inside a glass jar or a glass dressing bottle. It will keep in the fridge for up to a week. Separation is completely normal, so make sure to give it a good shake before each use and the champagne vinaigrette will have its smooth texture back.
How to Use Champagne Vinaigrette
This Champagne Vinaigrette has a mild flavor that pairs great with all kinds of salads, from simple veggie green ones to satisfying chicken salads.
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Make the salad dressing by placing all ingredients, except the olive oil, inside a blender. Blend until smooth.
- With the blender running, slowly pour the olive oil into the smooth dressing until it’s emulsified -once it looks creamy. Alternatively, you can finely chop the garlic clove, combine all ingredients inside a mason jar, and shake generously.
- Transfer the salad dressing into a salad dressing container or pitcher and refrigerate until ready to serve for up to a week.