Turn simple ingredients and leftovers into complete and tasty meals with these easy salad recipes with chicken!
When you crave a healthy, light dish that is also satisfying, a salad with chicken can become a terrific meal for weeknight dinners and office lunches.
Best Salads with Chicken
Chicken is a busy mom’s best friend. You can quickly cook breasts and thighs for dinner and then use leftovers to assemble healthy and nutritious salads with chicken the entire family will love.
Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Made with fresh and good-for-you ingredients, this recipe can be served over lettuce or any grain, like farro or rice.
Chicken Caprese Salad
Use leftover chicken to assemble this fresh and super filling salad you can prep ahead in 5 minutes and enjoy later!
Crispy Chicken Tender Salad
It’s super fresh, filling, and fewer calories than eating out. With this homemade recipe, you can keep it healthy-ish and enjoy it!
Santa Fe Salad with Jalapeño Ranch
Everything you love from TexMex food in a fresh and healthy salad that’s nutritious too!
Chopped Panzanella Salad
A mouthwatering combination of veggies tossed with juicy-cooked chicken, croutons, and a vinaigrette. This salad has it all!
Roasted Vegetable Salad with Chicken
A healthy and hearty meal in one with this recipe. Protein, veggies, and fresh greens tossed in a delicious vinaigrette!
Thai Chicken Pasta Salad
Pasta, chicken, and crispy veggies are a winning combination, but wait to drizzle an out-of-this-world peanut dressing! SO good!
Buffalo Chicken Salad
This easy Buffalo chicken salad is a healthy, super tasty, and satiating meal for those that love buffalo chicken.
Healthy Southern Chicken Salad
Made in 10 minutes and you have a creamy and zesty southern version of the classic salad. A terrific dish to serve with greens or to fill a sandwich!
Spicy Chicken Salad
This spicy chicken salad is packed with flavor and a little heat to kickstart your tastebuds! It’s perfect for sandwiches, with crackers, or on top of fresh lettuce.
Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado
Avocado and chicken pair great together, so with this low-carb recipe, you can give this delicious combination a twist!
Asian Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
An Asian-inspired salad drizzled with sesame ginger dressing for a perfect lunch or dinner!
Cobb Salad Lettuce Wraps
Fresh ingredients turned into a spectacular salad served in lettuce cups for a complete meal full of protein, veggies, and goodness!
Dressing Ideas for Salads with Chicken
A delicious dressing takes salads with chicken to a whole new level of goodness. While store-bought sauces are convenient, once you try these homemade dressings for salads, you’ll want to make your own every time.
These ideas are quick, easy, and delicious:
- Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Ranch Dressing
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Thai Peanut Dressing
- Citrus Vinaigrette
How to Cook Chicken for Salad
You can cook chicken from scratch to assemble a salad or use leftovers. One way or the other, there are different methods, like grilling, pan-searing, roasting, and poaching chicken.
What’s the best way to cook chicken for chicken salad? The poaching method is easy, and the meat turns out super juicy. If you have very little time, pan-searing chicken is the quickest option.
You can also bake chicken to perfection in the oven. The chicken will be flavorful and easy to shred. In case you roast chicken breasts, pay attention to the cooking time and temperature because they can dry out easily!Print
Salad with Chicken
Make this epic Mediterranean-inspired salad with chicken for a fresh and delicious meal that’s healthy and filling!
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 large chicken breasts, about a pound
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large head of green lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Tzatziki sauce, homemade or store-bought (optional)
- Marinate the chicken breasts in a gallon-sized zip bag with 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Marinate for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat, add the chicken breasts into the skillet, and cook for 7 minutes, flip and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes until the internal temperature has reached 165. Discard marinade. Remove chicken from pan and wait 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, make a bed of lettuce in 4 individual bowls or one large salad bowl.
- When the chicken is ready, top the salad with sliced chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce (if using).
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 377.6 mg
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 30.9 g
- Cholesterol: 99.4 mg
Keywords: salad, chicken
Leave a Reply