Are you looking for a fresh, full-of-flavor, twist to a classic salad that will make mealtime vibrant? These Greek Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups will give your taste buds a kick and brighten up your plate at the same time with all the Mediterranean flavors we love in a single cup.
Growing up in Spain, the fresh flavors of good olive oil, olives, and cheese were abundant in our meals. Perhaps, it’s why I love to add many of those flavors to my meals, especially lunchtime.
As a mom, when people ask me about lunch ideas I immediately think “school lunch”; but in reality, we all have to eat lunch too! These lettuce cups are much like the other lettuce cups you will find on this website, fresh, flavorful, and really easy to make.
Lettuce cups have become my new favorite way to eat just about anything. And with my secret method for keeping lettuce fresh longer, I’m able to enjoy lettuce cups even more!
I love the crunch and how I get a little bit of every flavor with each bite. Check out how easy these are to make in this quick video.
I recently received an email asking me why I love lettuce cups so much, and I replied that I simply can’t resist the idea of eating what otherwise would be a fork-only meal with my hands -sorry mom!
The real reason is that it’s ultimately fresh food, and I simply love to devour it. But what makes this a terrific family-friendly meal is that you can set up all the ingredients out on the table family-style and let everyone build their own “cup” for themselves.
I know that kids sometimes don’t like to mix their foods so allowing them to build-their-own is a simple step to teaching them to love a variety of foods.
Do you like lettuce cups? Hand-held foods?
Greek Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 cups whole chicken, shredded
- 8 ounces kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, ends cut and diced small
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, about 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill (or Italian seasoning)
- 2 heads Boston Bibb Lettuce, washed and leaves removed
- 1 batch creamy hummus dressing
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, kalamata olives, feta cheese, red onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, lime juice, and dried dill.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of chicken salad inside each lettuce cup. Drizzle with creamy hummus dressing.
Creamy Hummus Dressing
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk hummus together with lemon juice and water; season with salt and pepper. Add an additional tablespoon of water if the dressing is too thick for your liking.