This Creamy Garlic Chicken is an irresistible meal that perfect for any night of the week.
Not only does it taste amazing, but it pairs great with your favorite veggies and grains. Learn how to make this chicken dinner idea in today’s step-by-step post.
Chicken with Creamy Garlic Sauce
Tender and juicy chicken topped with creamy garlic sauce is a bite of perfection each time. Add the garlic and fresh rosemary to the mix, and you’re in flavor-town heaven!
Kids and adults will agree that this is the way to eat chicken! And should you have leftovers, you can toss them with pasta for a fast and simple pasta dinner that’s made fast!
Here’s what you need to make this cooked chicken with creamy garlic sauce:
- Chicken breasts: butterflied lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- Salt and pepper: for seasoning
- Olive oil: a little to cook the chicken. You can use spray if using a non-stick pan.
- Butter: you can use salted or unsalted butter to make the sauce.
- Garlic cloves: gotta have them for adding flavor.
- Finely chopped fresh rosemary: fresh adds a ton of extra flavor to the dish but use half the amount dried if needed.
- Low sodium chicken broth: you can also use stock or bone broth as well.
- Half and half or heavy cream: either option works well for this chicken dish.
You’ll find the ingredient measurements in a printable recipe below.
How to Prepare the Chicken
Butterflying the chicken breasts ensures that they cook evenly and in half the time. It’s not hard to do, but if you need tips, in have a post on How to Butterfly a Chicken Breasts.
Once the chicken is butterflied, you can then start the cooking process. Heat the oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, and saute each side for 2-3 minutes. (Here are my best tips on How to Sear Chicken!)
Be sure that the internal temperature of the chicken is at least 165 degrees. Using a meat thermometer is the best way to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked.
Making the Garlic Cream Sauce
Once the chicken has been butterflied and sauteed, it’s time to make the garlic cream sauce and complete the rest of the recipe.
- Remove the cooked chicken
Remove from pan onto a plate and set aside.
- Add the garlic cloves and butter
Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the pan. Add the whole garlic cloves and sauté them for about 2 to 3 minutes, moving them around to make sure they toast to a golden color but don’t burn.
- Add the chicken broth
Add the rosemary to the garlic and toast it for about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth or stock and let it simmer to begin to lift the toasty chicken tidbits from the pan. Add the cream, bring it to a simmer and let the sauce cook down for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s visibly reduced.
- Add the chicken back into the pan
Add the chicken breasts back into the pan and let it simmer for about 4 to 5 minutes.